Blackwater Islands cause everything's changing and i don't know shit about shit
5 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
time blurred among the cold haze that covered the island. halcyon followed the girl, the listener, growing numb with each passing moment. his aches faded. his thoughts softened and fell away. he had been wrong, he knew that now. this was death; this was hell.

the shadowy figure halted, and halcyon looked up with wild eyes and knew that this must be the one she had spoken of. her speaker. another youth, his eyes the same burning ageless pits.

demons in the form of children.

speaker. i have brought you an acolyte. he is yours now. the girl lingered, her eyes upon her speaker. then she turned, and was gone.

halcyon looked to the demon wearing the body of a boy, and awaited his fate.

for @Tulok <33
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tulok had spent much of his time trying to find a place for the thaumaturges to train. Today had been no different, and he was on his way from one side if the island to the other when he found The Listener. 

She brought a pitiful looking man with her. A stranger he didn't know. Confusion flicked across his face as she called to him. 

And then a vicious grin spread slowly across his face. She had brought him a gift. The speaker's gaze met hers briefly before she turned and left the soaking man with him. 

The demon finally looked upon the acolyte. Fear was present in the man's eyes; that was good. Fear would keep him here while he was awakened—fear and the fact that it would be hard for him to find the way off the island. 

What is your name and how did you find us? The speaker asked. He watched the acolyte's expression closely for clues.
5 Posts
Ooc —
his name. it felt like ages since he'd had one of those, although halcyon knew somewhere within himself that it hadn't been long at all. a few days ago, perhaps. that was when his life had ended. it didn't seem fitting to take his old name into his new reality, but it was all he had. he clung to it tightly.

halcyon. i... i think i died. where am i? his voice was still rough with the saltwater he'd retched. could the afterlife truly be so painful? doubt plagued him. what is this place?
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
The demon watched as the man fell over his words. But he did get some of the answers he sought from the new acolyte. His name was Halcyon. But it seemed he didn't know how he got here. 

I am Tulok, the speaker of Blackwater, he offered. I will help you learn of the druids and what we do here. He looked him over with interest. The man was large and looked to be in good shape despite the events that had brought him here. 

Why do you think you died? he asked calmly. He was genuinely interested. Maybe he could help set his mind right.
5 Posts
Ooc —
tulok. speaker of blackwater. a title not unlike the one borne by the eerie girl: the listener. druids. halcyon considered this, and the speaker's inquiry.

i was murdered, he spoke simply, though the words tore at his soul. betrayed.

if i am not dead... is this some magic? druids are creatures of magic, are they not?

thank you for your patience <33
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
ofc <3

He said he had been betrayed, murdered. Yet he stood here to tell the tale. Tulok looked over the acolyte with veiled interest. 

They are, he answered. Maybe you have been chosen for something, the demon suggested. If had truly been murdered, and the listener and found him and brought him here, then he believed it was likely that the unnamed god had a plan for the acolyte.