Redsand Canyon I don't care if it hurts
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik wanted to internally disagree with the imperator on the fact that they had been obvious, but now that it had been pointed it out, it was hard not to see it for the truth that it was. 

He felt foolish. Even when he was trying not to break the rules, it seemed his decision always led him to the same place: getting a lecture from Germanicus. At least he didn't sound angry; the auxillary wasn't sure he could handle a punishment right now. 

He and the imperator had very different ideas of what courting meant; the commander was more old fashioned and unyielding in his beliefs. He also didn't seem to have much faith in Aquene's ability to mitigate her heat and prevent children. Kallik wasn't exactly surprised

He wanted them to be married regardless of their feelings about it. And Kallik couldn't argue against his logic; if Aquene ended things and started to pursue one of his fellow soldiers, the auxillary would not be reasonable about it. 

Aquene has discussed it to some extent with the matrona, he answered. And if we don't want to be married right now? he asked. Would he be expected to end things with the healer? Just the thought threatened to suffocate him.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
I don't care if it hurts - by Kallik - February 10, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Germanicus - February 10, 2022, 10:45 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Kallik - February 10, 2022, 11:10 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Germanicus - February 14, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Kallik - February 16, 2022, 04:37 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Germanicus - February 18, 2022, 12:07 AM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Kallik - February 19, 2022, 04:29 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Germanicus - February 22, 2022, 10:02 PM
RE: I don't care if it hurts - by Kallik - February 22, 2022, 10:23 PM