Deepwood Weald I don't want to know who we are without each other
8 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
She'd been absent. @Themis had been on the move again, but this time she wasn't alone. There were travelers with her.
While the others kept together, Ouraniós had been off getting a scope of the nearby lands. She had noted where other packs had laid claim, where the nearest waters ran freely, and how quickly the herds moved. All were things a wolf should be aware of when attempting to stake a new territory. While Themis had been busy with familial responsibilities, the alchemist decided to play her own part in a distant way.
Eventually, Ouraniós would have a chance to settle in herself. Once within the weald, the woman sought out her Vasiliás to-be. There were things to report, and others to discuss. Ever since the pair reunited, few words had been shared. The past, the present, the future. All views were important, especially with so much on the line.
Themis, The alchemist barked, sharply vying for attention to her words. Of course, she held respect for her to-be sovereign, but they had been friends for so long that such manner came as a habit. 
I have scouted far. Those who inhabit the nearby territories seem to not cross their bounds. There is one group that seems rather close, but I doubt they will cause us much trouble. There was little news to share, but she wasn't finished speaking yet. Now that we are here, with the assumption you intend for us to stay, what work needs tending? I am present. You have my ears, my eyes, and my words at your disposal. Please, I cannot stand still and remain silent. I need some task or another to satisfy my hunger. 
Ouraniós wasn't too much of an impatient wolf, but she was restless. If left to idle like moss on an oak, she would surely go mad.
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Themis was torn this day.

Her children grew like weeds, but she waffled on what to do with them. Train them rigorously? Let them grow and be children? Some mix of the two?

Themis had never had a chance to simply be a child. And maybe the Weald would provide what the Shadewood could not. She hoped, at least, raising one of her paws to rub at the place where her head throbbed. A stress induced migraine had been plaguing her for days, but she pushed away the nagging pain to greet the alchemist with a tired smile.

Thank you, Ouraniós. I haven’t been able to get out much, but I hope I will soon. Her paws itched to travel again, but she knew it would be within the Deepwood that she wandered.

Again, she puffed a short sigh. Then, she plastered on a bland smile to try and distract from the stress.

My friend, what do you wish to do with your time? Are there any skills you wish to pursue?
english · greek · thieves cant
8 Posts
Ooc —
Away

With a question, only then comes another question. Without a reply, there can be no answer.
This question was no difficult one. Ouraniós had always known her place when of the Guild, just as she would know her place here. Nothing had changed. Well... almost nothing.
I have always been the alchemist, the master of poison, and the liberator of stealth. In our former home — the manor — I was quiet for good reason. I learned many things in this time of silence, as well as during my times of travel. It is my desire to stick partially to what I know best, but also expand where I am able. Diplomacy hasn't always been my most practical skill, but I can learn. I wish to help you lead and protect this guild by any means necessary.
Naturally, Ouraniós would have accepted any area Themis gave her. Though, in this instance, she'd been asked for specifics; and so, specifics she would give.
It is not power she intended to pursue, but if leadership is where it is believed she can best serve, such a step will not be turned away with haste.
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Themis thought.

For a long time, before she gave a gentle puff.

I will give you no illusions, αδελφή, I need the help. But what I have in mind.. Themis drew her leg down her face.

I can appoint you to the position. But I intended for it to be something chosen by the people instead of myself. But for those who do not know.. She pondered aloud, obviously losing herself in thought.
english · greek · thieves cant
8 Posts
Ooc —
Away

It was clear to see that Themis faced doubts, or possibly confusions. The depth of it, she did not know. But she did know better than to disrupt a vision. 
Sister, no...She hummed, shaking her head.If what you will suggest goes against the vision you lay in your eyes for the Weald's future, do not speak it. I say it is my desire to lead beside you, but this can be in a multitude of ways. Offer to me what you see fit and we may go from there. I only wish to see you satisfied and the ways here fulfilled, regardless of how I must do so.