Sunset Valley yeah. i couldn't either.
336 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

"They cut a deal with us (as if we had a choice) - paid us to let them hide out 'til some Warlords showed up. Then ambushed 'em. But we all got caught in the crossfire. My neighbor's kid told me something that still bounces 'round my head to this day. Right before the light went out in her tiny eyes, she whispered, "I can't feel anything." Yeah. I couldn't either."
Drifter from Destiny

they had found safety in a valley.

quennell had not bothered to look behind him the whole time. not even at his own behind. which had been wetly warm and now seemed sticky, colder than the rest of him. it ached, horribly and deeply. he wondered for a moment if the bear had managed to take his whole backside.

but still he didn't look as he laid upon a bed of snow. once pure and white, fresh. now stained by the boys who claimed it.

@Swordfish?

he asked, nearly not registering that the boy had indeed escaped with him.

it felt impossible to tell where his own bleeding had ended and swordfish's begun. or if it was the other way around. or if swordfish was really still here at all, through the flurries that took over and the way his yellow eyes hid behind half-lids.

if he closed his eyes long enough, he could be convinced that the smell of blood could be the smell of the sea instead.
Messages In This Thread
yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - December 22, 2022, 05:26 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Swordfish - December 22, 2022, 06:11 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - December 22, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Swordfish - December 22, 2022, 07:58 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - December 22, 2022, 08:12 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Swordfish - December 27, 2022, 01:48 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - December 27, 2022, 02:04 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Swordfish - December 27, 2022, 02:15 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - December 27, 2022, 02:26 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Swordfish - December 27, 2022, 03:19 PM
RE: yeah. i couldn't either. - by Quennell - January 04, 2023, 11:05 AM