The Sunspire The Sunspire Watcher (Joining Thread)
28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
[size=medium]The dark of night wrapped the red wolf in shadows. I wonder if I'll ever get into a pack. He stared into the sky, watching the bright stars. Maybe I could ask the alpha of The Sunspire. The wolf thought curling up to lay on the grass. The Sunspire, yeah... The wolf soon drifted into a deep sleep.[/size]

The older male's teal eyes shot open. "Oh today's the day I need to ask about joining." The wolf said aloud. "Ghostwatcher will soon be Ghostwatcher of The Sunspire pack." Ghost barked confidently, snout in the air. The red male quickly padded towards the location of the pack's camp. Without hesitating, Ghost walked straight through the entrance. "Hello I am here to join your pack."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She arrived in his vicinity to catch the tail end of his words, proclaiming that he wished to join. As she strode through the darkness closer to the agouti-coated wolf, her tail stood tall and her willowy build was drawn up to its fullest height -- an unspoken indication that she would command respect, for her and her boundaries, without needing to say more. If a wolf was to be loyal to her, it needed to start here.

With that, she looked at him in consideration and sized him up, her green eyes tracing over the whole length of him even in the lacking light. With winter coming, they could use able-bodies to hunt and patrol. Amekaze had all intentions to ensure the Sunspire remained strong through the darkest of seasons. What would make you an asset to have here? she asked, ever watchful for even the most subtle of moves.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
Ghost stood tall, keeping his red fur flat, his teal eyes glimmering with pride. "I am an amazing hunter and fighter." The male raised his grey-ing muzzle. Ghost's feather charm fluttered in the cold autumn breeze.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her hawkish stare narrowed. There was pride in his stance. While a valuable trait, too much in the face of an alpha could make trouble and she was feeling keenly aware of this. She watched carefully with her own nose up tall and tail quivering up over her back as his boastful words began. What makes you say an amazing one? Do you have vast experience? she asked, eyeballing the gray flecks on his snout that indicated that he was certainly plenty older than she was. Where did you come from before here? If he was such an amazing fighter, surely he was an asset to any pack to have had him before. Amekaze was suspiciously curious and thus far, kept her words quick and clipped.

28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
Ghost stood his ground. "My father was a magnificent hunter and he taught me how to hunt as a young pup." The old wolf began. "But I'm not an amazing fight, I'm just good at it." Ghost pointed his muzzle towards the east. "I come from the hills in the east, not far from here."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She considered his words and mulled them over with an impassive look. While having a skilled parent pass on their knowledge was valid, it only soothed her opinions some. She gleaned her share of skills from both of her own, although had yet to achieve the same lofty heights they had. Amekaze was not the tactician her father was, nor the sage of her mother's standing. Perhaps in time, though. I see, she breathed, deciding that hunting was probably his best skill, and that he may make for a good gamekeeper.

Have you seen a fair share of fights? Or do you prefer to simply spar? You look to be an experienced type, or at least old enough to have been around a few. Amekaze observed, noting that she did not find any disfiguring scars on him to suggest major losses. Why did you leave? she then asked.

28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
Ghost looked at the alpha. "Yes I have experienced multiple battles between lone wolves and other packs, and I have participated." The red male sighed and looked up to the darkening sky. "Well you see I didn't leave, they left me..." Ghost's teal eyes began to tear up as he remembered his past.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She nodded as she listened, still somewhat unsure as what to make of it. Experienced wolves could prove to be valuable, but was it enough? Would his pride outweigh it somehow? There was much to be seen and yet no amount of interviewing could properly tell; Ame was a firm believer that time explained matters the best, even if it was not always the most favorable of options.

Left you? she asked and tilted her head, detecting the emotional undertones of it. Was there a reason, or was it out of their control? I am not overly familiar with packs to the east of here.. Packs could be displaced for any number of reasons -- death, famine, natural disasters, so on and so forth. She had only asked to ensure that he wasn't someone's exile, and if he had been, the reasons behind it. This had once been a pack founded by wolves ousted from another one, so it would not be cause for judgement, but she only wished to understand the wolves accepted into her ranks some before turning them loose onto the Sunspire. In any case, what do you call yourself? And do you know much of the Sunspire already? she was feeling particularly full of questions but insofar, he had humored all of them at least.

28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
The red male wolf tilted his head towards the female. "I was never in a pack before now. My family and I lived off the land alone." Ghost sighed. "My mother and father died in a landslide when I was very young, my aunt took me in soon after." He then pointed north to a ridge over looking the camp. "I've been watching your pack a bit. I've noticed that you use body language over speaking out most of the time."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

As he revealed a little more about his history, she steadily pieced more of it together. A history marked in loss and difficulties, no doubt, but she was of the thinking that it only made him stronger since he survived and persisted to this very day. Amekaze nodded in somber understanding after glancing towards the ridge at which he gestured; as she had thought, not a direction she was familiar with.

It is true. Our first Alpha was especially keen to it, she mentioned, keeping anything about Ferdie to a minimum. And I have upheld it. So body language means much here. For to her, it seemed only natural. Ferdie had been even more strict with it than her, although she was in tuned to the subtleties than he had been. Nevertheless, I am Ame.. Sunspire's Alpha. Strength, respect, and loyalty are what I value, and in turn, what I expect from wolves here. If you can offer me that, you are welcome amongst the ranks.

28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
Ghost stood tall. "I understand I will follow under your lead. I will provide my skills for the Sunspire." The red male bowed his head in front of the alpha.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

He appealed to what she has asked with a statement that she hoped was etched in truth. The alpha would be waiting and watching to ensure that he followed through. He had given no reason to doubt his worth and perhaps with a little bit of time, he would be fully fledged into the fold of the Subspire. She bobbed her muzzle in a nod of acknowledgement. Welcome, then.. she chuffed.

Get acquainted with the mountain and its residents, for now you are one of them. Ame stepped closer to him then aimed to rub her dark shoulders against his so that her wolves may know him as accepted by her by scent -- at least until he began to smell more like one of their own. Then she moved aside, the beginning of her leave. She did not provide guided tours to new faces and instead wished to see them learn on their own while she kept tabs on them from afar. But, her attention stayed on him to make sure this would be all for now.

28 Posts
Ooc — Birchwind
Ghost stood as the alpha rubbed her shoulders on his, accepting him into the pack. "Thank you Ame." The red wolf said. He lifted his muzzle slightly and trotted away.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She took his thanks with a nod and it seemed he had no further inquiries. Amekaze did not loiter any longer either, and once she watched him go, she returned to patrol. Since she was here, she might as well further reinforce her scent. Anyway, she hoped that Ghostwatcher would integrate seamlessly into the pack and become one with the family they had fostered here..