Grouse Thicket Don't judge me by my size, will you?
32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Joining 
joining thread! @Ulrich, @Adylaide

Lýkos knew a smaller guy like himself wouldn't be safe on his own permanently. The massive girl whom he encountered a bit ago proved that. So he set out, not too far from where he made his base, in search of a nearby pack. He caught the scent of one after only a bit of travel, and as per common curtesy, he hunted 2 squirrels and fished 2 cod fish before waiting a few feet from the border to see if a member of the pack would come
Signature
--
His name means wolf, but he is half coyote, half wolf. He hates his 'coy' side though.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich had been sticking to the Isle more in the last few weeks because his wife was pregnant and he needed to stay closer to home to protect her. However, it seemed even a homebody like himself could become restless after a time, and so he hopped the stepping stones one day and went to the thicket for a change of pace.

Soon thereafter, he came across a coyote who smelled of wolf blood that seemed to be sitting patiently, with food at his paws, not eating. As if he were waiting for something. Ulrich’s ears swiveled, for he did not recall hearing a howl at any point. Greetings, he called as he approached, and smiled.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lýkos rose, and respectfully dipped his head. "Greetings. Are you a wolf of the pack just around here? I am looking to join." He said. "My name is Lýkos." He added, going ahead and introducing himself. "I'm a coywolf, as you can probably tell from appearance, but my name means wolf and I like to try and forget my 'coy' side as it makes people underestimate me." He explained quickly.
Signature
--
His name means wolf, but he is half coyote, half wolf. He hates his 'coy' side though.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Yes, I am, Ulrich said in reply. My name is Ulrich, of Two Rivers Isle. My wife, Adylaide, and I run the pack.

He blinked at the man’s next words. Well… anyone who can hunt that well in winter should never be underestimated, he said, nodding towards the kills at the Lykos’ paws. We take all kinds at the Isle, but we could always use more hunters, especially as my wife is pregnant. He paused, trying to remember all the things he was meant to tell newcomers. We have no real rules at the Isle, except that all members must be kind to one another. We do not tolerate in-fighting, stealing, lying, or any other such thing. Those caught causing trouble will be punished and stripped of their rank, but will be able to work their way back up to a respected level if they show true remorse for their actions. Any repeat offender who does not seem to care about the Isle will be exiled. He waited a moment to let Lykos think it over, then said, Is that agreeable to you?

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lýkos nodded at everything he said. "I can cause trouble, but I would not with those I am on good terms with or in a pack with. I am an excellent fighter despite my smaller size too, in my opinion maybe even better at it than hunting, but I can execute both nicely." He said.
Signature
--
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
There was something in the man's words that Ulrich was wary of, as if Lykos was... arrogant. As if he thought himself better than others. This made Ulrich leery, however, he'd had the same thought about Goliad when they'd first met, and Goliad had turned out just fine. It was not in Ulrich to misjudge people from the off--that sort of behavior was something he might have done before, in his old pack, and usually against his will. He took a breath.

Well, we need good fighters, too, he said, and smiled, though it felt strained. I need ones who can protect my pups when they are born. He glanced down at the food between Lykos' paws again. Did you hunt those for our caches? It was a common enough practice, to bring a gift when hoping to join a pack. The food will be most welcome. Why don't we pick these up and I'll guide you to the Isle. I'll need to show you the safest place to cross; the river is freezing and it's best not to swim if you can help it.

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lýkos nodded. "I can most certainly protect the pups." He said. "I'm really good with my strength."

"And yes, this is an offering to you. I will help you bring it to the pack." He said, and nodded as Ulrich said he would lead him to the safest crossing place.
Signature
--
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich picked up one fish and one squirrel in his jaws--an awkward load, but he would make do--and nodded to Lykos. Then he turned and led him away, back towards the Isle. He would show him the safest place to cross the southern river, where it was not so wide, and where there were something like stepping stones to get across. They would need to be careful, as the stepping stones were slippery with water, but also ice. Still, the stones would be safer than swimming.

[Fade]

Welcome to TRI! Feel free to reply one more time or just archive here.