Greatwater Lake in unknown territory
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
All Welcome 
Sunpots looked around with his ears back nervously. He inched forward carefully and raised his head to sniff; His hair stood on end when he caught the scent of a wolf, many wolves. He turned to go back the way he had gone and kept walking for several minutes. However, the smell was intense, he felt surrounded. He craned his neck, desperate. He wasn't ready for a fight with any wolves, but he was in unfamiliar territory and he didn't know how the resident pack would take it. He squinted his eyes to see better in the distance, and saw a blur that at first he thought was a rabbit, but when the blur got closer... were they wolves? He bared his fangs, though his paws trembled, and crouched to the ground.

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

[Image: sunclaw.gif]
96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Her nose had brought her to the clearing that she now shared with a trembling mass of a man. Selena approached carefully, noting he was presenting his weaponry. As to not startle him further, she loped around him, leaving enough room for at least five other wolves to stand nose to tail between them. An unfamiliar feeling of belonging and power held fast in her chest as she called lightly to the warm pelted stranger. "Who are you?" Selena spoke mildly, soft and with no hint of aggression.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots crouched low and with a snarl turned his head to keep the wolf in his line of sight. When she spoke, she didn't sound threatening and that calmed the wolf down a bit, and he stopped growling almost instantly.

"My name is Sunspots" he replied his only answer, still with his defensive stance. he didn't trust that wolf, he didn't trust any wolf.

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Her guard was at attention, as she dare not dismiss it too suddenly. Protection was the first thing on her mind. Protection for herself, for her pack, and for the pups just born to her Lady. She did not know this man's reason for coming to their doorstep... rather, into the hearth of their home. But Selena was sure he had his reasons.

"I am Selena." Her black flag swayed low behind her, legs taught in anticipation of needing to act. Whether that act would be to fight or to flee, she did not know. She did not want to find out. "What business do you have here? This is territory has been claimed." She was not unfriendly, but rather spoke in a flat tone. If the wanderer had just happened upon the land, she worried for his safety. Her leaders would not be pleased at his arrival. So long as Sunspots did not move, she would refrain from calling them. Selena wished to prove herself as more than a handmaiden today.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots looked away, feeling her fur stand on end again. He could see the tension in Selena's posture, and he knew that if he made a sudden move it would mean a fight. He lowered his head to her paws, ears back.

This wolf did not have a high rank, he knew that. He was good at guessing such things, but he couldn't figure out a way to use it to his advantage. "I was looking," he said simply with a tone that was meant to be defiant, but it came out as a high-pitched squeal. "I need food" Those words came out without him thinking. His mother had always told him that it was not good to show weakness, but in his life he had discovered that being submissive was the best way to survive.

He tensed his muscles and looked at Selena.

96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
we can either stay here and continue or I can start a new thread in a neutral territory for them to hunt :) up to you and Sunspots!

She could tell fighting was the last thing Sunspots wanted to do, and it was only solidified in the fact that he confided in her. It was then that she could see the hunger in his eyes. How long had he been on his own? Selena knew what it was like to go without. Where she came from prey was scarce, and those who did eat made sure never to share. 

The female softened and allowed her core to relax, which in turn had a ripple effect to the rest of her body until she fully reclined into a sit. It was foolish to be so quick to trust, but she believed his intentions regardless. "I can't have you hunting on our lands, but I can show you where to get food." It was not a suggestion. The confidence of her words made her feel uncomfortable, but the thought of Alpha intercepting this conversation drew anxiety from the pit of her stomach. This was a role she had to play to avoid confrontation. She hated confrontation. "Will you follow me?"
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
I'm fine with creating a new thread.

Sunspots hesitated. Being in a new place, hunting with a stranger, made him wary, but he was in no condition to say no. He rose and nodded his head in affirmation.

96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
okay, I'm going to fade to black after this post and will tag you in the new one after <3

Selena nodded back to the young wolf, her large coyote ears wiggling comically in enthusiasm. She felt pride in handling the interaction well. No one was angry, no one was hurt, and most importantly no one was mad at her. Trotting along towards the edge of the territory, occasionally she would look back to make sure Sunspots was following. The handmaiden wondered how much of a hunter he was, as she was not known for those skills herself. Only fishing was in her skill tool belt.