Moonspear Where everything's safe and it doesn't get worse
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig fancied himself a pretty level-headed guy most of the time. He was the one who stayed calm and lead with open, authentic curiosity when looking at a problem. He did not rise to the anger or extremes of others. He listened with patience and acceptance. And he kept all of it separate from himself.

Not around his family, though.

”You and I haven’t seen each other in almost a year,” Fig responded, trying to keep his quiet calm in his voice as best as he could, ”You don’t get to decide what it is and isn’t about.”

”I explained it to you before. My reason hasn’t changed,” he said firmly, unwilling to follow her down this rabbit hole, ”I have my own plans. My own goals and aspirations for my life. I need my independence to achieve them, and yes, I do need it from our whole family. Not because of anything you have done, but because of who I become when I’m around you..”

”Believe what you want, but this truly is about me and only me,” he said finally, ”You’re the only one trying to make it about you.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where everything's safe and it doesn't get worse - by Figment - May 09, 2023, 10:33 PM