The Sunspire Got a real good feelin something bad's about to happen
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
*casually throws another ripple in the dramatics*
Vienna's life has been far too easy (and I was getting complacent with her lol). Occurs shortly after her thread with Sumayl. I move sorta slowly with her so wanted to get this up.

What is it with the cougars rn? Hope you don't mind me assuming it's the same one Ferdie met since it seems to have a taste for wolf now

Edit: perhaps she and @Jace can have a character building party?

After their trip to the other mountain, Vienna had parted ways with Sumayl, but had not immediately returned to the Sunspire. Instead she had cut southward, hitting the edge of Greatwater lake and trailing around it. It was a pleasant journey, and she got to see even greater parts of the lands than previously explored.

There's a saying that claims most accidents happen nearest home. Applied mostly to vehicles, of course, yet it seemingly had applications in the wilds as well. Because it wasn't until Vienna got within the mountain's shadow that the trip turned sour.

She knew where the cougar was. At least, where it had been a few hours ago.

She hadn't scented the creature until it was upon her, though luckily she had the instant before it struck. Hiding upon a ledge above, it ambushed seemingly from the sky, dropping upon her back like a lead weight and knocking her off her paws, legs buckling beneath her. Fortunately she had twisted just in time to throw off it's aim or the bite that took a good bit out of the base of her neck would likely have severed straight through her spine. A frenzied struggle followed, one that resulted in the long gashes down her sides and her eventual success in escaping the beast. At first she had run, constantly looking back, expecting to see the cat following. And perhaps it had, for a time, but even an injured wolf would have endurance that far outpaced the feline.

As she crossed the borders, however, her paws dragged with weariness, tail hanging and usual exuberance gone, sapped by exhaustion. She stared at the formidable slope before her and sat down with a shuddering sigh, lowering herself to the ground, ears flat, eyes closed. A quick rest, then she could continue. Darkness engulfed her as she drifted off, halfway between sleep and unconsciousness.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was on border patrol when he saw his sister come running full tilt with blood and gore beset her body. He howled in absolute anguish and fury and forcing his legs into a run he made it to her side, as she slowly faded into darkness. Oh god Songbird. His voice ragged and sobbing for breath in light of this. He sniffed at her and fought to control the overzealous and overwhelming anger that threatened to overtake him. He could barely breathe and that cougar would have a reckoning when he was done with the beast. OH songbird. please just....oh god. He fought to keep the ragged fear from leaking into his jaw and he lifted his muzzle to the sky and he howled out for anyone to help him.

Then he lay down beside her and licked at the blood that pooled all around them. He was far to shocked to do much anything else, he didn't want to move her for fear of hurting her worse, but he knew he would need too soon. For now he'd just work on getting all the crimson cleaned away and stopped so he could see waht wounds were scoured across her body.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
I'm stuck in the car returning from a family dinner in Jacksonville I was drug to against my will but I had to get in here (also kinda cut off abruptly at the end but I'll work it out)
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She descended the mountain with a rolling lope. It was Jace's howl that brought her forth and concern prickled all up and down her already. He did not call out like that without reason.

And soon she smelled blood. Her wild furs rose up in an anxious ridge across her shoulders. A few moments later, she saw, and breath hissed from her lungs in an anxious, growling whine. She arrived and felt fury flourish when she smelled the details here, and then traced her eyes somberly over the cuts adorning Vienna's body. This had been a cougar. Jace... can you get her further into the territory? she asked, fearing the wretched monster lurked nearby still. This was punctuated by a wary look into the beyond, just to be sure there was no foreseeable risk of ambush. He would understand what she was getting at.

I can get some yarrow... to try to help slow the bleeding. Hold on, she said, dipping her muzzle before wheeling around back into the territory's depths to dart off towards her recently-built stashes. Thankfully, with Rain's recent paw wound, she had a fairly good collection of yarrow. It was one of the few herbs she did know about for certain.

She grabbed a mouthful worth of leaves and ran back as quickly as she could.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
assumption about their history, pm me if I'm wrong and I can edit!

Jace's ministrations roused her, and she woke shuddering, the pain beginning to set in now that adrenaline and shock were wearing off. She was aware of her brother's presence immediately, and it made the fear at least lessen. If she had been followed, her brother at least was here to help deter it. She looked at him, smiling wanly, though she didn't lift her head. "Guess I should've paid more attention... When mom tried to... Show me how to heal," she said, tone light as she could make it but voice soft. While healing hadn't been a huge thing for their family, the basics were shown to her for situations such as this one. It was only too bad she hadn't taken it in. She knew they didn't really have anyone with the role, though the concern funnily hadn't bothered her until now. That's what she got for not looking ahead.

She was zoned out when Amekaze spoke, though she got the gist. While she wasn't fond of the idea of moving, she knew it made sense, and she would feel safer still further in the borders. Her nerves were still afire, even with if the presence of the two others was a comfort. Recalling the stealth with which the attack had come... It made her fur stand on end.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The fury was blinding to the youth that lapped at his sister's face gently. He wanted to rip something apart and shove bits of it down it's throat. It was scary and thrilling all at the same time. He was a monster and he always would be, and itwas moments like this that it was abundantly clear to him. We both should have songbird

Jace heard Amekaze and he nodded his agreement. AFter the Yarrow was given, Jace bent his body to the task of moving his sister. She wasn't much smaller than him, but he was stronger than most so with a grunt he held her steady and upright and started paw by paw into the pack lands. (I figured i'd let you decide if he carried her or she leaned or what have you)
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

When she returned, she was appropriately anxious and furious all at once. Her eyes skirted from Jace to Vienna, uncertain of how aware the latter even was. All the same, she offered an explanation. The leaves should help slow up the bleeding for now, but a good rinse.. when you are able, would probably be best, she said, to the both of them in case Vienna's consciousness wasn't ready to absorb such information.

Unfortunately my healing skills are limited, she offered apologetically as she eyed the wounds and the leaves. Then, chewing them up just some, she moved to delicately lick the torn flesh and work the crushed leaves into them -- should Vienna allow it, anyway. She was cautious and careful, knowing good and well that a wounded wolf could be an unpredictable one. Then, while she worked, she looked to Jace. Do you think it followed her here? she grated, feeling her skin prickle at the thought. It has to die, which was uttered more quietly, almost into Vienna's furs. Her heart broke to see her torn, and to see Jace agonize over his sister such as this. Amekaze aimed to do what she could, but it was only so much. Nature held the greatest control here, as it always did.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
last from me, feel free to continue you two if you wish <3 thanks for joining!

She'd drifted off again while Ame was gone, her dreams blissfully dark. She did not stir when the Alpha returned, oblivious to her careful work. There was some mercy in that, for no matter how delicate, the treatment would have been extremely painful.

When Amekaze got to the wound on her neck, though, the pain was enough to start her awake. Breath hissing out in surprise, something between a yelp and a whine, she clenched her teeth and shut her eyes, shaking. She knew the treatment was necessary but god was it unpleasant. The pain would be tenfold if the wounds were to get infected. At first Vienna had feared perhaps the animal's agression was due to disease, and had worried of an infection of her own. The stealthy ambush, however, was not a mark of a crazed animal, but a calculating one. Some luck there.

It took a good deal of her willpower to stand, even assisted by Jace, and she leaned heavily on him as they shuffled homeward. She needed his help both in keeping upright and keeping to the trail, for her vision was spotty, and so much concentration was spent putting one paw in front of the other (and fighting down nausea) that she had little to spend paying attention to where those steps led.

When they had gotten to their destination she barely paused to take stock in where she was before her legs buckled beneath her, exhaustion and blood loss sending her head spinning. Luckily Jace was there to slow her fall, though she wouldn't have known. She was out before she hit the ground.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was lagging as Vienna got heavier and heavier, only because at every step she leaned on him a little more. It didn't hurt, it just caused him to go slower. He was unsure how this was going to go and he was mentally screaming at himself over and over again, he was a terrible brother clearly bad things just had ot happen to others around him, that loved him. It just wasn't fair.

As Vienna hit the ground he whined and curled his own larger body around her and he looked up at AMekaze. Yes it does have to die and I plan to be the one to kill it. he would do everything in his power to keep those in his life safe, even if it meant losing his own life for it. He hadn't been able to answer her as they had started, as he had been gritting his teeth as he carried his sister in concentration.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Vienna's strength waned in no time, but Amekaze was at least satisfied they were no longer at the borderlands. She would need someplace to heal and recuperate in full, but those details could be handled later. Anywhere further into the territory was better than where they had been, both to keep her safe and to not draw unnecessary attention with the scent of blood.

She hovered nearby, with a look of furrowed concentration mixed with sorrow. Jace's words were of no surprise to her. She nodded. It will have the end it deserves, she rumbled. They only needed to find it first, and she had full confidence that it would be over as soon as they did. Their fury for all the frustration the felines had caused them in the last several weeks would make for great fuel for a mighty fire. However, for now, their priority was Vienna.

While she rests, I will see to other herbs.. I may need to trek to the wetlands to see what I can find there if my stocks do not work, but.. I will do what I can, she mentioned, sidling against Vienna's other side to help support. That would be something to come next, after getting her someplace safe and quiet to recuperate. Their caches were good, at least, so she was not worried about her being fed while she was denbound to heal, but what she did feel concern over was the bright girl's morale in the meantime. Surely, she would find herself less than impressed in the days that followed.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace held tight to his sister's other side and nodded and began to walk with Ame and Vienna. Do you think near the oasis would be okay? Drinking water and some of our caches are near there too. He wasn't sure if the damp air would make her recovery difficult or if it would be alright. Which was why he was asking Ame, who had a little more healing knowledge than either he or his sister had at the moment at least, he planned to fix that now.

He studied his sister with a furrowed brow, the poor girl. He wondered if she would be alright or if her happy demeanor would fade after being stuck home bound for a while. He hoped not, and it was mostly for selfish reasons. Her happiness was what got him through the day most times and if she turned into a female version of him, well he just didn't know how it would turn out. He would seek out the male Sumayl and have him keep his big sister company when he could, since she seemed to like him. Only god knew why, but Jace wasn't going to argue now. If he helped get her sister through this then al lwas right in his world.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The Oasis should be good, she agreed readily. It was centrally located, well-tucked into the depths of the mountain territory, and near to several of their caches with decent water sources for fresh drinks and wound cleaning (when she was feeling up to it). Plus, her forested thicket where she hid her meager stashes of herbs was not so far, and it would be easy for them to keep Vienna safe there. It is where.. I would wish to be.. she murmured, thankful for the resources the mountain offered -- both in means of food and water and the protection its geography granted them.

However, if Vienna did come to find it unfavorable, they could relocate her later. For now, Amekaze was prioritizing getting her someplace safe, quiet, and where they could attend to her for now. Those other details could come later; they had a decent hike ahead of them to reach the Oasis and Ame grew quiet, readied to focus on ensuring the Vienna got to where she needed to go. She stayed alongside the wounded female, letting Jace set the pace, while her thoughts were a furious mix of frustration and fervent thinking ahead -- hoping to guarantee her healing and safety.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace dipped his muzzle, but said no more. He instead focused his attention on getting his sister to the Oasis. She needed a place to sleep in both comfort and safety and by all the gods he would make sure she had it. It was a painstakingly slow pace that was set, but they made it and he gently settled his sister to the ground outside of one of the dens that had been dug. Hoping that she would find it pleasing to her senses. It was both near water and a cache and then he turned and looked at Ame and sighed. This is the best I can do for now.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'ma wrap it up <3

She nodded somberly. It had taken what felt like eons to get to here, but this is what they had to offer for now. I will search for more herbs.. maybe something to keep pain dulled, and perhaps a decent meal for when she feels up to it, she said, dipping her muzzle to the siblings before she turned to depart. Amekaze would return later, unquestionable, and until then, left Jace to help her settle in further. She did hope Vienna would awaken, at least just briefly, soon, so that they could further asses her needs and desires then. But, until then, they would do whatever they could.