Moonspear the north remembers
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
All Welcome 
Maybe @Seal and/or @orca if you have the time?

The three sons of Moonwoman and Sunman began to draw their paths. Kassuq cut into ventures far and wide. Massaraq got to know the locals all around. Arrluk was content only in the villages of family, having gone from one to another for visits. His sudden longing to do so (though he didnt necessarily want to leave home) spun from the grim thoughts that anyone he cared for may die at any moment and he wanted to spend time with each while he could. 

This afternoon, he comes to the heights of Moonspear, toeing the lines of markers and to its outskirts he would likely stay. Arrluk did not think his climbing skills were a match for the height of these mountains.
[Image: 7nCi.gif]
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
The mountain paths had become easier to navigate for Orca than ever, but her own adolescence was a mild hinderance thanks to her own lanky limbs. Growing used to these new proportions was something Orca was figuring out by the day, but she was glad to not be stumbling every other step now as she once had. 

Still, she kept to the lower perimeter lately to play it safe. And so when she saw her mirror image she was given pause for a moment, before she recalled their introduction. He was not a stranger, and so immediately okay in her own book. 

It helped that he was easy on the eyes—something that only then occurred to her. Was that vanity? Not from someone who didn’t really grasp their similarities—and Orca, despite having been told, never really saw her reflection enough to know as much. 

But it was the first memory that caused her to trot over to him with a friendly demeanor, tail swaying behind her. hey, she greeted with a grin, d’ye remember me?
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Arrluk had already grown so much, filling in the same manners his father before him had, whilst Kassuq grew taller, Massaraq stockier. Arrluk hadn't paid much mind to his growth, coming into it easy and smoothly, yet @Ajei sometimes mentioned to him how much he had grown already into a man for which he would always smile to. 

Today, Arrluk had another pair of eyes yet to him. Ones of glacial blue. His head and ears perk up to her voice, his own green and one eye partial in deep sea water, seeking her out. It was Orca- her name meaning killer whale, just as his own was. 

Yeah, from the Glen... He answered back, remembering that day vividly. He had enjoyed seeing all the children of the sister pack but he also had taken his mother's story to heart. A tale of a man with a deep love for the water having turned into one of its ferocious creatures. 

Orca... His ears sweep back, dipping his white chin to her in respectful greeting. His father, Arrluk came to realize, treated all women with much respect, notably more so then men and he had adapted this as he had many other things from him. It's good to meet you properly.
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Aye! she answers cheerily, which were he a stranger he would never know she had a warmer side. Orca moved with a skip in her step closer to him, grin ever present. What luck this was! Orca nodded as he seemed to confirm with her her name, but tacked on playfully: the second. The best, she wanted to tack on after—but had too healthy a respect for the dead. My friends call me Cici, where that came from she did not know—only that she wanted to be known as something different, by him. 

And that she wanted to be friends, too. They were from sister villages… why not? and you are… Arrluk, she recalled, appreciating the name but, thinking herself clever, asking: what do yer friends call ye? Her tail wagged as she observed his greeting, liking that plenty—but it was more that she was quite distracted by him than anything else that she didn’t think to return the gesture. He was a right braw lad, he was! 

Now she stopped in her tracks, close enough to him where they both had personal space but that she could sniff at him. Tentatively did she reach out her muzzle to take in all of the scents from the sister village if he allowed her to, and withdrew as she answered him with an earnest, och, aye it is! What are ye doing out this way? Mind if I accompany ye? he had little choice in that much—the giddy Orca had already made the decision that she would.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She was a happy and cheerful girl, harboring both a friendly and bold nature, which had her trotting up to him without an ounce of hesitation. The second, she had said, allowing him to know she had been named after another. Arrluk was the only of his name, or so he knew. 

Cici- okay. He spoke her name allowed and his tail waved passively behind him, if she were suggesting that he may become her friend as well. Arrluk liked the name Orca, but he supposed the name she chose was her decision. 

For a moment, he was transfixed on her words- her accent. She spoke a bit different, unique in that manner. A seafarers accent, if only he knew. Arrluk. He says with a sheepish smile when she asked what his friends called him. He hadn't gathered himself a nickname as of yet. How did you get your nickname? He asked curiously. Maybe one day he would have one too. Maybe even Cici could think of one for him. 

As she draws nearer, she begins to sniff about him. He is still as she does, savor the craning of his own neck as he went to work on sniffing her out and all the people of Moonspear on her. Of course not. This is your home, after all. His ears perk up again, eyes turning back to the heights of Moonspear. Just came for a visit, is all. I thought I might say hi to my sister and see my nephews... A sour thought, at that, but he wanted to see them even if it would hurt. We don't have to look for them right away, but perhaps you can give me a tour until then? He suggested with a smile. Maybe he just needed to work up to it slowly.
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Arrluk. Well, she supposed that worked for now, but remembering both their namesake she had already come up with one. In time, she would use it… but for now, to let him get used to her and her own ways. Private, really, except for those she considered her people. The village was vast—it meant the doorway to her friendship was more open as of late than closed. 

It was made up! she revealed, which was true. Just not so much by her friends… and made up by her. But semantics, right? I’ll come up with a nickname fer ye, she forewarned, and then offered, and y’can always come up with one fer me, if ye want, her tail wagged at that. Now that he knew there were no bounds and he could just make one up, it might make it easier on him to create! 

Aye, I’ll give ye a tour! And then I’ll take ye to ‘em, she offered; more time in his company hardly seemed like a bad thing. How do ye like your village? I’m coming to an age soon where I’ll be visiting one fer a time, she paused as she offered a space at her side before beginning the tour. It was in her thoughts already, where she might go.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Oh? He says with a little laugh, as she admits her nickname was just kinda made up really and that she would find one for him- and that he could make one for her just the same. He had heard sometimes, his father calling his mother 'Snow'. He was her Sun and Stars and she, the Moon of his Life. Well, maybe Arrluk would just find something a little more simple like 'Snow' for now. I'll have to think on it. He spoke with a little grin.  

Okay. He agreed and found himself coming to her side as it was opened to him. The two 'twins' beginning their stroll along the edges of Moonspear territory. 

Well, I mean- it's home. He said, feeling a bit uncertain of himself then and how to explain. Orca already seemed so bold, open and outspoken. Arrluk tried to not let his reclusive nature get the best of him. His thoughts lingered to @Ajei a moment, where they shared in this. 

I havent really bothered or wanted to go far. Visiting the family villages is good enough for me. He swept a white-toed paw, kicking a rock off to the side. I know alot of my family are travelers and traders and my mom says there is a journey I am to take- 'one each boy must take to become man.' I'm supposed to be on it now, honestly.