Verdigris Ravine ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta, death trap
Loner
27 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
Midas had left the mesa one day and never came back. He traveled south, taking his time to explore the curves in the earth and the smells upon the breeze; there was so much out here to explore!

He walked along the shoreline, moving slowly and hovering his nose above the ground. Although he couldn't see, he knew this territory was rich in flora and fauna, and he wished to investigate further. Every so often, when something caught his attention, he'd stop and pursue whatever it was; currently, he followed a hare.
The Tribe
Mediator*
128 Posts
Ooc — xynien
This one was odd.

A pale thing; not a coyote but not a wolf, either. Candle had encountered hybrids among The Tribe, it was true, but the priestess had never quite been able to grasp it. And the scent of wolf on this one was just enough to set her on edge.

Her thoughts went to S'ari. She was still sick, still vulnerable, in need of protection. Candle yipped out a high call to @Zoug, eyes fixed on the hybrid.

The not-coyote followed a hare, and Candle followed him; reticent for now, only watchful.
The Tribe
Mediator*
197 Posts
Ooc — ebony
zoug looked up from where he had been watching over @Sari.

candle called.

the large male came quickly, stalking with deliberately heavy step to the side of his mate.

the beast she watched was strange. them and not. them and wolf. it held the color of a grub and seemed out of place beneath the hot yellow sky.

zoug growled. candle would hear what are you? stand back.

the stranger would hear only a sound that promised pain if any threat was given.
italics: guttural shifts in tone (clan words)
Loner
27 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Midas wasn't alone, and he sensed that the coyotes unexpectedly outnumbered him. He stopped, hairs along his spine standing, and heaved a big sigh. Look, I'm not here to cause any trouble and I didn't realize I was trespassing, he said. I'm just passing through. I'm literally not a threat—I'm actually kinda really fuckin' lame. The same song and dance, the same pre-rehearsed script, anything to make them realize that a worm was more of a threat than he was.

Why did shit like this always happen to him?
The Tribe
Mediator*
128 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Within moments Zoug was at her side, a protective presence. Candle, who had been bristling and feeling herself begin to spiral into a familiar rage, was immediately soothed. She fell back to brush her muzzle along his cheek briefly.

No fight. We talk to him? She was trying to convince herself, too, and her reluctance showed. But Candle gave Zoug an encouraging look and then stepped toward the stranger once more.

Y-you... wo- olf? She asked of the not-coyote, ears twitching with curiosity. Or no?
The Tribe
Family
65 Posts
Ooc — Vamikins
This one is halfbreed. Ko'a comes with a swift trot, a bounding step over the sands as she had followed Zoug's footing and heeded Candle's call. 

Her muzzle juts into the others direction as she speaks these words. They are direct- sharp, but as she comes to stand at Candle's open side, a small smile touches her lips. Like oneself.
Join The Tribe !
[Image: jackal_grass_dark_123286_2560x1440.jpg]
The Tribe
Mediator*
197 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no fighting. talking. zoug glanced at his mate, then to koa.

halfbreed, like the one so familiar to he and candle.

he eased his shoulders and grunted, indicating that the stranger should come forward. peace was now established, despite his clear unsurety.
Loner
27 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
There were three—maybe more, he wasn’t sure. He did his best to follow the conversation, making sense of why he had been asked about his pedigree, and by the time Zoug beckoned him forward, he was still in the dark.

He took a step forward and then another.

I’m … Midas, he greeted at last, his voice both hesitant and gruff. He swung his head towards Candle next. My father is a coyote … he trailed, the end of the question living in silent question. Why did it matter? he wanted to ask, but knew he had to reel it in now that he was outnumbered.
The Tribe
Mediator*
128 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Midas. Only half coyote; like Ko'a, by the woman's own words as she joined them. She glanced between Ko'a and the pale not-wolf, then to Zoug.

Finally she stepped around the stranger to nip mischievously at his hocks. Midas! Candle echoed his name with an ease she did not often find. She circled to face him again. You Tribe?

This was the way of things in The Tribe, wasn't it? Even tainted blood was blood. He was coyote. He was kin.
The Tribe
Family
65 Posts
Ooc — Vamikins
There was both uncertainty and questioning in the young male's cloudy eyes. Eyes which would have made Ko'a think he was blind, had he not been turning his attention between the three of them so directly. 

Candle then dances around Midas, nipping playfully, observing him as she circled about. Ko'a waved her tail happily, but remained in her place for now. 

Wolves have never been kind to coyote. We are lessers. So Ko'a says with a crinkling of her muzzle. Then, he eyes sweep towards Candle and Zoug. And so coyote do not trust wolf. Halfbreeds sometimes, She said with a frown as she looked to the young pale man again, Have no love from either. Belong no where. 

But among Tribefolk, any coyote belongs.
Join The Tribe !
[Image: jackal_grass_dark_123286_2560x1440.jpg]
The Tribe
Mediator*
197 Posts
Ooc — ebony
unlike those in the tribe, zoug still carried the old prejudice against wolfblood. the clan had hated them and killed those they found alone, for good reason in his mind.

he must always remind himself that this was not his home.

and so he said nothing, but this white grub would be judged in heavy silence until he proved himself, the second male to join.

this was noted with annoyance.