Spotted Eagle Mountain Distance Doth Drag Dearly
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
All Welcome 
Heph carried herself across the land at a brisk pace. She catalogued her surroundings and stopped to hunt small game only long enough to take the edge off her hunger. While if she continued on for too long like that it would weaken her she was strong off staying so long in the packlands and to journey so swiftly was a novelty. The land seemed to open up around her, new sights to see and paths to take even when she was in familiar territories or places she had visited before. In hopes of finding Hjolderfel she headed east to the mountains.

She did not slow her pace but was careful to search for familiar scents and sounds, the evidence of a new claim or even fragile if they had not long settled the place. And at the edges she thought she caught a familiar scent but not one that she had expected to come across. A tentative look of consternation on her face not wishing to get her hopes up. She looked at the height of the sun and decided she had a moment to look more closely for @Meylodi.

backdated to be closer in time to this thread
"Hurt any o' 'em and yer gonna 'ave me fangs at yer throat."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
I'll get better, I promise :c, also, can we assume @Raen is with her? She loves her mama and follows every move.

She carried herself with dignity that would impress even the most handsome of elk. A black and grey she-wolf who stalked the lands as if she owned the mountainside. 

Even if she didn't, and her pack was gone. 

A familiar scent crossed her nose, one she lifted her head into a howl to.

We don' need ta be afraid o' t'is one, dear.
May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Already looking Heph heard a familiar howl and grinned, her tail wagging. She affected a casual grace borne of experience rather than any real finesse as she trotted to meet Meylodi, stopping a few moments. The wolf carried herself regally, with the bearing of an alpha and Heph smiled to see it even as she detected a slightly smaller presence. "Meylodi! What a sight for sore eyes, stronger and prettier than the mountains. I'm glad I ran into you. How are you?" A grin and a laugh already on her lips.

"My name is Heph, a pleasure to meet you." She tipped her head down to better glance towards the young wolf with a low gentle wag of her tail.

you're always wonderful c: and yes of course Raen's there too!
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Meylodi couldn't help a happy wuff at her friend from Moontide. Aye - we be alrigh', Hef. Da pack ain't t'ere no moar, but me n' Void still aboot. Gotta den, an'... our pups. Dis be me daugh'er, Raen. 

She stepped to the side, revealing her daughter. A wolf splashed in grey and white, two-toned eyes looking at the strange she-wolf.
15 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Raen was, in her own right, a mountain of a she-wolf in her adolescence. She was bathed in moonlight as opposed to her parents' midnight, the softness of clouds dancing along her lower back. 

She dipped her head respectfully. 'ello, she grinned.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
At the mention of the pack fading she frowned slightly. "I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're well." She wondered what had happened and hoped that it had merely been the case of wolves moving on as sometimes happened. The land and the faces in it were always changing although some stayed longer than others.

But the winter season could be harsh on young blood and though Void and Meylodi were fine hunters she wanted them to make sure that they knew they need not face the season alone. "If....if you're looking for a pack for the winter or longer then Moontide will always welcome you, although it is different with Rodyn's wife passed." Her voice went distant, but she had not forgotten her promise to Meerkat as well. She perked up a bit and added. "And there's another pack to the west of the western mountains in a territory called the Sunmote Copse, claimed by a couple named Meerkat and Njord who are looking for another couple to settle the land with and start a pack. Meerkat told me you and your kids would be welcome there as well." She added with a smile. "If you'd like to meet them we're planning a large hunt in Hoshor plains just northwest of here past the lake in about eight days time and they might be there."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
As i' 'appens, I be missin' ta lot o' ya, an' wit' win'er comin', I ain't shure we gonna fin' dat ta prey be runnin' as well as i' does in ta summir. Her brother had also disappeared, after so long. A small whine escaped her. I go an' tell Void aboout it, aye? If any-wolf's gonna make sense ta that furball's ears, it's hi' wife.
15 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Raen, however, didn't want to wait for Da's permission. Not at all, honestly. She was pretty much full grown, right? She was old enough to do so. Her grey and white body bounced up to her mother. How were they related, really?

Mam, can I go? Ya said Moontide be friends o' 'ou an' Da! O' aur pack! I be ol' enou' ta go ona hunt wi' o'er welfs, ya?
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned, winter was indeed a time when wolves often benefitted from banding together. “I’m sure snow or spring you’re a fine hunter but no one’d complain having you at their hearth for the winter.”

Heph laughed, but glad that Void had someone who complemented him. Her words were hearty. “That sounds about right. Good luck, and see you at the hunt!”

You too young miss.” She peered down at the younger wolf with a smile.
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The great she-wolf rested her head on her daughter's to steady her excitement. Cahlm down, me li'l eckah, oh, look at her, being just like Gran and Ma. If only they could see her. We go'a get cher Da an' yer li'ermates. We go'a go as a fahmileh. Welfs be stickin' tage'er, remember?

And then she turned back to Heph. Or Hef. Whatever was easiest for her tongue. T'ank ye kindly fer ta offer. I try ta get aur tails a' movin'.
15 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Da's go'a say yea! Ain't he an' Moontide buds? 

Raen was ecstatic to just get off the mountain, as much as she loved it. 

An' it sounds like ta sea-welfs, huh?! Cam' on, ma! I race ya back! the excited wolfling barked, itching to use her long limbs to beat her ma back to the den to tell Da the news.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
“Anytime. Safe Travels!” She grinned and headed her own way. The meeting had been an unexpected boon and it was good to see Meylodi and Void’s kid thriving and excited. A blink of amusement and she set out, her own journey far from over.

last from me <3