Luneshale Pass on this road autumn sunset
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Private 

S'ari was pleased that she seemed to have completely gotten over her strange, fevered illness. Power and strength returned to her limbs--well--as much as could return to her tiny coyote legs. Being able to maintain speed was the main thing, though she tried not to wind herself anymore, as she was carrying pups. At least, she assumed so. Obviously, two weeks was not enough time for her to tell in belly, but she prayed to the sun and moon and stars that her tryst with Alekxander had been fruitful. So far, she had not experienced any symptoms, but it was early yet.

Now, it was night, and she pranced among the white stones that reflected the moonlight like it was midday, and tried not to make noise. She had to pick her way across the shale carefully, lest she bother a piece with her paw and send it clattering noisily away. She was hunting desert mice, which was very difficult because, out here, there was nowhere to hide...
S'ARI IS SKIPPABLE IN ALL GROUP (3+ PEOPLE) THREADS.
"We are creatures of the desert..."
— S'ari resides permanently in the Lowlands and will never leave.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Darkwoman did not wish to return to the sandlands, but she sought S'ari out this day. Much has happened, little time. She'd slipped away from moonwolfs while Talis lay sleeping, putting little-earned trust in his healers to attend him while she was gone. 

Her legs were long and full of lank, and she sped down the mountain in record time (well, she'd only gone down a mountain approximately zero times, so it was a record for her). 

Once at the sandlands, her dark nose twitched furiously, trying to pick up the scent of the coyote. Kusuma felt pressured to get back to moonwolfs.
i'll be your mother and i'll hold your hand
you should know i'll be there for you
Harta is welcome in all threads!
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
A dark shape came slinking toward her in the night-bright. Against the glowing white, the dark shape seemed to glow from within, but was still a thrilling sight. It did not look like a wolf, however... It looked... vaguely familiar.

S'ari abandoned her mouse hunt for now and lifted her head to study the creature as she came closer, then realized suddenly--

Kusuma! she called, and picked up her pace, galloping toward the woman with all speed, tail wagging ferociously.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
S'ari! she wagged her tail, but her heart lay hurt. Kusuma trod near her old leader... well no one exactly said what Tribe were or what leader of Tribe even was, but she respected the coyote as one.

How did she say it? 

How could she possibly explain why Kusuma smelt like moonwolf?

The coyjackal felt she betrayed Tribe and all it stood for. Even if she herself did not understand what it was. 

Kusuma bring... news.
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
S'ari was close to the woman now and could see her face clearly. And she watched as the coyjackal's expression lightened with joy at seeing her... and then fall.

News? S'ari repeated, warily. What is it? She couldn't imagine what the woman might say to her. Perhaps just an explanation of where she had been. If that was it, and Kusuma worried S'ari would be angry for her disappearance, that couldn't be further from the truth. But she would hold her tongue and let the dark woman speak before saying anything.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Talis left some time ago - and... Kusuma follow. Not before Talis get hurt by wolf! Much hurt, Kusuma find Talis in wolf pack and... stay. This one and Talis.. stay in wolf pack, on mountain. Wolfs nice there, this one... thinks.

Her head tilted back up toward the land harboring the mountain. Tribe went on without her or Talisman. 

Uneeded. 

Kusuma sorry for not saying good-bye.
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Ahh, so that was where Talisman had gone. S'ari had been worried about him, wondering where he'd slunk off to. She'd known he'd gotten hurt in that fight. She wondered, though, what had made him leave. She was sure someone in the Tribe could've patched him back up.

While she was a little sad that two of them had left, she smiled softly at Kusuma. This one does not need to be sorry. Members of the Tribe often up and wander away, sometimes for a few weeks, and sometimes forever. Wanderlust is common, and if this one and Talisman are happier among the mountain wolves, then S'ari is happy for you. Perhaps... perhaps some trade agreement can be created, with Kusuma as the bridge. You can bring the Tribe things only the mountain pack has, and S'ari can bring you things only the Tribe has... Perhaps.

What is the name of this pack? she asked, thinking of Alekxander and his place called Raventhorpe.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Kusuma not good with common words, but... moonpack, on the mountains. Kusuma learn to take care of Talis there. 

Her head again turned to the place she had come. Keep Talis safe. Some day, maybe, this one and Talis may come back to sandland. But for now, stay with moonwolfs.

She wasn't sure they would be able to leave, and Talis may always have a scar. 

How is Tribe?
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Mm, whatever pack it was, S'ari was sure it wasn't Raventhorpe, or Kusuma probably would've mentioned that word. Ah well. The problem with Alekxander telling her that he came from "the mountains" was that there were so many of them. Well. If her children ever wanted to find their father, they'd have to do it on their own, because S'ari certainly wasn't going to go trekking off away from the desert just to find him.

Tell Talisman that S'ari regrets what happened to him, she said softly. Tell him he is always welcome back here, if he so wishes.

Kusuma asked, then, how the Tribe was doing. We are small, but well, and perhaps we will not always be so small. She leaned in toward the tall woman and said in a low, conspiratorial voice, S'ari maybe pregnant, but she is not sure yet. And she suspects that Candle may be, as well. Perhaps even K'oa? If all three of us are pregnant, poor Zoug will have a time caring for all of us. She laughed, and the sound echoed off the stones.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Kusuma has not felt fire-time yet this season - but this one is sure it will be soon. but surrounded by wolfs, she was not sure she wanted pups at all considering how many wolfs there were, or if jackal-coyotes were capable of having them at all. 

Or would the wolves hurt her children, if they were to exist? The coyjackal wasn't certain - after all, they could be dangerous to young.
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Well, S'ari is sure Kusuma would make a good mother, if that is what she wishes, the coyote said kindly. Of course, not everyone wants children, but that is fine, too. The Desert accepts all kinds.

She hesitated and glanced at Kusuma out of the corner of her eye. S'ari wonders... how badly is Talisman injured? She had seen him get hurt, but had been in the middle of defending her home at the time, and by the time the fight had been over, Talisman had already gone.
Adoptables
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Kusuma would make a good mother, says S'ari? hmmmm. But she did not comment on that further, least fire-time came right now and she would be unprepared. The topic of motherhood made her miss her own mum.

Wolf make Talis back sore, and hurt. Scar. Still needs plants. No lick. But is walk and talk and eat fine.
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
jesus christ im so sorry ive been really behind on posts and forgot this existed. gonna wrap up

S'ari is relieved to hear that Talisman will recover fully, from what it sounds like, the coyote said. She is glad to have seen you again, Kusuma. But she must move on now. Come and visit the Desert again, yes? S'ari will find you if you call her. With a wag of her tail, the coyote trotted away, a little sad, but a little happy at the same time.
Adoptables