Luneshale Pass rhyme dust
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
S'ari studied her friend for a moment, noting her attempt to catch her breath. She grinned at being splashed, but stayed just a moment longer to be sure Meerkat wasn't about to slip beneath the water and drown. Then she turned away and began to swim towards the wall with the footpath.

It didn't take her long to reach the top again and she glanced back down, making sure Meerkat was still up against the far wall. Here S'ari comes! she called down, and then jumped again, ululating loudly. Bubbles surrounded her in the water and she broke the surface, taking a breath. Go on, then, she told Suri, and swam her way over to the far wall. And perhaps after, we can explore that tunnel, yes? she asked, motioning towards it with her muzzle.
S'ARI IS SKIPPABLE IN ALL GROUP (3+ PEOPLE) THREADS.
"We are creatures of the desert..."
— S'ari resides permanently in the Lowlands and will never leave.
Adoptables
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Sure, Meerkat agreed as she pulled herself out of the water, although I’ll have to head home soon. I told Njord and the girls I’d be back before nightfall.

She climbed up and out of the cavern, glancing at the sky to gauge the hour. The day felt young, though she knew it wasn’t. Honestly, she should probably start the trek back sooner than later, though she wanted to get in one last dive and then at least briefly inspect the tunnel.

Geronimooo! she screamed when leaping this time, her laugh cut off by the loud splash as she made impact.

As soon as she surfaced and took a breath, Meerkat swam for the edge nearest the tunnel. She hauled herself out of the tarn one last time and then looked around to see if S’ari was right behind her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Have my 100th post!

Ah, yes, S'ari said with a grin, though inside, she was sad. We would not want the little ones to worry about their mother, no. She watched as Meerkat dove into the water once more, wondering at the strange word she'd said. But she did not want to ask about it, as that would cut into precious time. She followed her friend up into the tunnel entrance, glancing around.

It is dark in here, and yet... there are little lights on the walls. Or S'ari is going crazy, perhaps. Does Suri see them, as well? She squinted at the lit up parts of the walls, wondering.

I feel like you mentioned glowing fungi or something in the thread with Towhee but I could be wrong? LOL.
Adoptables
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
I see them, Meerkat concurred, squinting down the hallway made of rock. I bet they’re a lot brighter when it’s totally dark down here. I don’t think I’d want to be down here at night, though…

Venturing forward, she walked through the bottleneck into the next chamber, which was practically identical to the first. She didn’t seen a way to get out of this one, so perhaps they could only exit from the first. Meerkat’s lips pressed together as she hummed.

There were openings here and there along the wall, just like the other room, and she imagined a cave system stretching away beneath the lowlands. It would be too easy to get lost, she thought with a small shudder.

After exploring for what must be half an hour or more, Meerkat was finally forced to face S’ari and admit, Okay, I should be getting back now. But I’d love to come visit again sometime. Maybe I’ll call for you the next time I’m in the neighborhood? I had a lot of fun today.

Aye! I got that from the description: “Some open out into vast open air caverns with only bioluminescent fungi and bacteria to brighten their otherwise solemn halls.” :D
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
The Tribe
Mediator*
249 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
S'ari nodded at Meerkat's words, studying the fungi more closely, though afraid to touch it. Some fungi were poisonous and it was difficult to know which would only harm you if you ate them, and which were not to be touched at all.

She explored with Meerkat for some time, finding the tunnel system fascinating. How far did they go? She wished she could see in the dark and explore them for hours, but all too soon Meerkat was saying that she had to return home.

Yes, please come see S'ari again! she said, genuinely, and very quickly nosed Meerkat's shoulder as a sign of affection, though she jumped back again almost as fast. Instincts were difficult to override and the idea of touching a wolf on purpose--even one who had fallen on you earlier--was a little frightening.

It was only some time after seeing Meerkat off, watching her disappear around a bend, that S'ari realized they had never found the ravine to the east... Ah well. Perhaps next time.

Last from me. You can do one more or just archive! Thanks for the thread! <3
Adoptables