Ocean's Breath Plateau natchiayaaq
Moontide
Adolescent
192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Raiyuk returned with the seal pup slung across his back. He carried it the entire way, refusing to let either @Taggak or @Chakliux do the work for him. When they rested at night he worked at the skin or cut away some of the meat, happy to share the spoils, but eager to bring his trophy back as intact as possible—so when his father dispersed to see to his wives, Raiyuk sought the lodge and the place where meals were prepared.

He had seen Marina out by the seaside, at least in passing, and was glad to watch his father go to her. He expected to see @Tullik within the lodge as he entered, and when he did not he shrugged and went about his business. The seal pup's carcass had been cleaned in a rudimentary manner upon the road, and now Raiyuk could settle in to do the work properly.
Moontide
Trader
114 Posts
Ooc — box
Tullik’s breathing was wheezy, but she was stubborn. More kelp was across her shoulders, ready to dry. 

She halted in the doorway. A boy, no, she thought as the seal pup at his feet caught her eye, a man. Elation rushed through her like a shot of caffeine.

Her whoop shattered the silence of the lodge, kelp slung from her shoulders as she ran for the young man, dragging him into an embrace if he allowed it.

You did it! You did it! She crowed, leaning back to look at Raiyuk.

I did not doubt it for a second!
Moontide
Adolescent
192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He worked for a short time, then was found by his step-mother who was full of praise! Her arrival made Raiyuk drop his work immediately, enjoying the sensation of being fawned over in this way.
While she hugged him Raiyuk felt a warmth and a nameless emotion, like adoration, spread throughout his body. He began to hug her back but then felt awkward about it, as he was a man now and not a boy (even without the scars), and became tense. In the next moment though, Raiyuk was all smiles and he hoped she would not notice the brief stutter in his reaction.

I had to hunt the seal twice! The first was giant, and it did not stay for long once we began to hunt it. That one escaped, but—eventually, there was a group of seal under the ice. This one, he motions then to the seal pup carcass, —this is one of their pups! It did not know what I was. He laughed then, filling the lodge with his voice.

After, Raiyuk bowed his head to Tullik and calmed himself.

I wanted to prepare the skin, but I am not so good at it. I worry that it is damaged from travel.