Neverwinter Forest chasing something that feels like I should
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
That day was bright and warm. Even as the evening settled upon them, the lands still seemed heated by sunshine. Summer had surely come for them and she kept to the shadows of the forest.

There was one she looked for now, before the world would grow dark.

She hunted after White @Elk with long strides. It might have been easier to call for him, but that was not their way!

He hunted her and now she hunted him. It seemed only fair.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
59 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He held both halves of the moonstone sphere in the bundle of ramskin,Β moving them from one sleeping place to another. He still has a mind to give it to Callyope, but now with a greater purpose. The splitting of the rock, sad as it had made him, had told him something important.

And the time had not yet revealed itself to him.

He moved with purpose, but slowly and surely so as not to damage the stone halves any further.

Sorry for the wait! I love these two.
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
always worth a wait for these two <3

She thought she found him and at once she became swift. It was good that she was lean beneath her plush furs or else she might have struggled to move in such a manner!

His scent was sweet and warm to her like a hive full of honey β€” and she a bear!

Glimmers of him through the trees like ripples on water. She slowed only so that she would not crash into him. Quick to notice that he carried something with him today.

Have you been hunting, White Elk?

Her words a heavy breath from her run.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
59 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
His fur stood up in alarm when he caught her scent; he was not ready for her to see what he had found. He thought he wasn't, anyway, for all of a moment before a quiet sort of peace overtook him. What did he have to be afraid of? What would be would be, and ignorance was not a bliss so much as it was a plague on his dreams. He would rather know what her thoughts were.

He slowed, his ears swiveling toward the sound of her swift steps. His tail wheeled when he imagined she'd been in a hurry to see him.

"I'm always hunting," he agreed, his blue eyes tracing her statuesque figure. He wanted to gaze at her longer, but he made himself meet her eyes β€” and found himself at once lost in them, a smile growing unconsciously on his face.

He gestured to the rumpled bundle at his paws.

"This fur is for you," he told her of the ramskin. And then, more shyly: "And I have something else. Would you like to see?"
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her gaze, shining with vibrant approval.

But it quickly turned to a shine of surprise! Why? She already wore one gift from him! Yet she found she deeply yearned for that ramskin to be along her shoulders, to show it off just as she did the feather.

There was more!

Yes.

Her voice was a gasp, quivering and rising in her throat.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
59 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Her excitement made him smile, but with a slight pull at the corners of his mouth. He was nervous still, and reluctant to have his dreams shattered just like the stone he was about to reveal.

But he leaned down to nose apart the furs, and the two halves sat like a split egg in a plush, white nest. The moonstone shimmered like her eyes.

"It was whole when I first saw it," he told her. "And I thought that it would make a good betrothal gift."

Liquid blue eyes traced her features.

"I would like to marry you," he told her, in case that wasn't clear. "Or to aim to, if you'll allow me to try."
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
Ramskin fell to the side as if it was a baby's bundle. The delight that she felt said it may as well have been! Or perhaps it was better than a baby β€” could she think that?

"And I thought that it would make a good betrothal gift."

It as hard to look away from the moonstone within it, but she had to. Anything to look upon his face and see it.

"I would like to marry you,"

There was still so much she meant to show him! He still needed to see @Ariadne and, and, and β€” ! She could not decide if she wished to laugh or scream or weep with such joy! White Elk meant to marry her! Yet she marveled that he was still somehow respectful and kind enough to say aim to. To try.

Please! Yes! She could say that surely! After all there would be a great many things to follow. A thought came to her quick, before all else, though.

You must keep one half of this stone and then β€” She moved to trace her nose over them before she reached for him, warmly but not so pressing! When we are near, when we share an ulaq, the stones come together. They are whole.

And if β€” when, she told herself β€” he might have to hunt for a price, they would always have the other half with them.

There is much to do and say, if you want this, White Elk.

Her face was full of her own want.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
59 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He did not need to know which part she was answering β€” the affirmative was enough to make his heart sing and set all his nerves at ease. A rare expression of manly pride touched his features, at odds with the fawning expression that stole over him when she drew near. His answer was, "Yes, of course β€” " Why hadn't he thought of this? And then again, laughing: "Of course I want this! And thank the Lord β€” I need something to do!"

He bowed and danced, swinging playfully around her.

"How else shall I manage to comport myself, now that I've been given wings?"

He spun to demonstrate his plight; no wings were apparent, but it was clear the man felt light as air.

"What shall we do? What shall we say?" he asked her, full to the brim with readiness. "Only let me start with this β€” he stole a daring kiss, though only from her cheek β€” "I have never wanted anything more."
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
He took these things in stride.

She saw no sudden sweeping regret or fear upon him. She saw a man who was filled with an eagerness and excitement at the idea of tasks being done to make a marriage. She laughed now, delighted and filled with a radiant warmth as if the sun had kissed her.

But β€”!

It was him that kissed her. She held no shyness and quickly kissed his own cheek in return. They should kiss if they were to marry! That way she would know, she would feel the sparks between them.

There will be many more to come. She assured him and momentarily buried her face into him. From there she found she still had many words to speak to him!

I want you to see my sister. Then walk with me to tell my mother. I am sure she will have more to say than even me!

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
59 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
His nod was fervent; these steps made sense to him. Family was of utmost importance.

"Let us go at once," he replied. He could not even be bothered to finish transporting these items somewhere safe. They would have to come with them, for now; let it be part of their story.

Should we fade and have another?
Loner
330 Posts
Ooc — siv
She adored him.

It might have scared her was she not so excited.

Yes, She agreed. Content to either carry her own gifts or let him! There was a buzzing busyness about her anyway.

"inuktitut" || "common"