The Sunspire reality leans heavy on me
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
a wild pack minihunt appears!
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Driven by an innate, instinctual hunger that ran deeper than her own needs, she hiked the mountainside as dusk approached. It was cold, cloudy, and essentially a typical winter day for this year's season so far. But, she was intent to make it a fruitful one. Feeling vigorous, confident, and truthfully, like some warm fresh deer's blood, she determinedly set to the cause.

She had scoped out a small trio of doe deer in the morning. They had evidently bedded down for a few hours somewhere near the base of the mountain. So now, hours later as evening settled and they began to stir again, she steadily harassed them further into the territory. It was slow going and patient work. She kept a good distance so not to spook them away entirely, but so long as she kept them in her sights, she was content.

Then, after circling wide around the little group to give them space (and to be out of their sights for a moment), she slung her head back and aimed her nose towards the sunset-streaked skies for a low howl. The message conveyed was simple and short: hunt.        

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace heard the howl and with a small look around followed it to the mountainside. He kept going as he came into sight he dipped his muzzle. The air was crisp and cold and his breath came in misty fog.

Jace looked at ame and gave her a crooked grin. Hello Ame. He sat down easily, the pain in his shoulder blades not as profound. however it was still there smarting. He could do some running and perhaps some nipping. He would do his best.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna in observation mode ^^ since she prolly can't take part quite yet

When the hunt call sounded, Vienna's ears perked up, and excitement filled her at the prospect. A group hunt! Then, as had happened with all such hunts this far, a small whine escaped as she remembered she would have to yet again sit this out. She was feeling well, true, but her wounds were still to recently healed to risk putting the strain of big-game hunting on them. She would need to start small first.

Still, she would not miss out completely. Carefully she approached the direction of the call, ensuring the wind was not at her back and her position betrayed nothing. She kept far enough away that she would not be remotely visible to the herd, but she knew she was within Ame's sights because her eyes lit on the Alpha, and her brother as well. It was here she stopped.

She would observe and mark their success or failure. Though no gamekeeper she still enjoyed such stratagems. Besides, she knew a certain aspiring gamekeeper who would likely appreciate the observations.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
The howl that cut through the crisp, chilling winter air was crystal clear with its meaning. Though Sumayl had never had the chance to have any sort of one-on-one talk with the leader of The Sunspire he'd been apart of the pack long enough by now to tell her voice from the others. A hunt was afoot; which as a disdainful glance was given to the food cache he had very recently dug up to take stock of this howl was a godsend. Sumayl was doing what he could spending most of his days doing little else but hunting. Cut back on the time he spent with Vienna during the day for the simple fact he had her all to himself during the evenings nights. With Jace reinstated as the beta — not something he was overly thrilled about despite that their last talk it been much more civil than any of their previous ones; but Sumayl nobody subordinate and he doubted his opinions counted for much of anything. He did not think the two weeks of having Jace step down (or was it a month) was enough time for him to suddenly fix everything Sumayl thought was a problem in leadership but then again what did he know? He'd only ever been a leader of the siblings which on the grand scale probably counted for jack-shit. Regardless, Sumayl felt the pressure of providing as much as he could for the pack as a whole. And he didn't even hold the title gamekeeper yet.

After having ensured that the cache sparse as it was, had been re-covered with the hard earth he had dug up to take mental inventory Sumayl wasting little time making his way towards where the call had originated from. When Sumayl arrive his golden gaze touched on Amekaze first, offering her a submissive dip of his head before you about his gaze to go to Jace. His potential (probably?!) future brother-in-law. Sumayl would not call the terms on which they had a peace treaty with one another is stable necessarily. There was still, without a doubt, things they needed to work out (at least on Sumayl's end) it was a start. While Sumayl understood he should've offered Jace a submissive pose as well, the narcissistic Ostrega could not bring himself to do it. He respected Jace in a way but it wasn't enough yet to come to terms with his issues with his leadership skills; but that was a bone to pick at a different time.

Sumayl's gaze then went to Vienna who had hung back a bit, out of sight of the herd but within the trio's sights. He might have missed her if her scent hadn't wafted their way upwind of the herd. Her unqiue perfume-y scent mixed with his own musk as it was these days. Quietly, Sumayl waited to hear the game plan though he assumed they would wait to see if anyone else might show up.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i left it open a while longer to give anyone else a chance to hop in (which y'all still can if you want!)
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Only a few answered, and a mixed bunch at that. Vienna, still mending, Jace, a little roughed up but functional, and then Sumayl. Better than one, at least, so she hoped this would be enough to tip the odds in their favor.

Just a bit, she found herself missing Summer, who seemed a notable absence to her. Ame had also hoped to see Ghostwatcher, who was a faint presence on the mountain at all. He had expressed an interest in hunting, and to her, seemed a potential candidate for another gamekeeper. But, now only Sumayl held this distinction (which then led her to wonder the cooperativeness of Jace and Sumayl as potential co-gamekeepers..)

Her ears flicked to the sounds of each of their footsteps, and then listening further to keep tabs on the deer's movements. Three deer, one is a little older.. she said with a sharp gesture towards the landscape separating them. Meaning, they could likely trip her up easier. One misstep could cost her. I think driving them up is good, and chasing is my preference, she said, giving them this bit of information to see would take it. She wasn't going to deal orders, for she had at least brought them together; the hunt, the group hunt especially, was not an area of her mastery -- nor would it ever be. It was up to them all together to build a cohesive unit, and they were bright enough for her to not need to tell them how.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened and held his ears forward as Ame spoke. He gave his sister a small smile, and a nod towards Sumayl. Jace's eyes flashed momentarily at Sumayl, but he kept silent for the most part. It was a fight for another day, he knew the male didn't like him, didn't like his leadership. However, he still was owed at least some submission, they were not equals. Even if Sumayl thought he was, simply put he wasn't. Jace had known he needed to work on things. Probably still had too, but he was loathe to leave Ame at the helm by herself, that was too much pressure on another and it wasn't fair to her. She had been steadfast and faithful to the pack, and he would not give her more work than she needed.

He listened to her words adn stepped forward, being the only one who held the gamekeeper title in the pack as of right now. Jace studied them and then looked at Sumayl and then Ame. I can do either, so how about since Sumayl is aspiring game keeper he take this kill? You and i will chase and herd? Is that agreeable to everyone? Jace looked from one to another, regardless of whether or not he disliked Sumayl or the problems they had. This was not a cock fight, this was a matter of survival and he was more than willing to put aside their differences for the moment to feed the masses. After all as a beta it was his duty to make sure as Ame did that everyone was taken care of.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna prowled her location, keeping back, though she noted Sumayl's presence. She was beginning to really regret her decision to stay to the sidelines but knew it was the smart call to make. Still, a small whine of frustration escaped, and she paced a couple of times before sitting down with an annoyed exhale. Her blood was racing to join the hunters, and she knew watching without rushing in would be difficult, but she would doubtless be a hinderance and a distraction to the more sound hunters.

Gripping the turf with her claws, she let her tail twitch, intent on the herd and ready for the show to start. Hopefully she'd at least get a piece of the end result, as her appetite was (thankfully) back in force.