The Sunspire i don't need the stars in the night.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'm HOME! :D

The Sunspire towered above the black wolf. He stood at its based, bright lemon eyes staring up at the clouds that hid its very peak from view. His heart was thrumming in his chest, stirring with pride, love, and most of all relief. He was home, at last, Summer was home.

The Ostrega tilted his head back to let out a howl, announcing his presence to the pack. It had been nearly a full turn of the moon since he'd left. So many things had happened to him, and he was quite aware of the many things that may have transpired there in his absence. He wanted to know of everything, but first and foremost on his mind was finding Ty and making sure she was alright. So, it was with a quick pace the yearling cantered up the slopes towards the heart of the Spire.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
aaaa!
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

For far too long, she had been waiting. Every pass over the borderlands she made she kept it in the back of her thoughts -- just in case she stumbled across evidence of his return. It had seemed plausible in the beginning, when hope had been brightest, that maybe he had come back tired and just slipped on it without a word, when smelling his passing over the threshold would ease her worries. Yet this never came, and days bled into one another with worry having plenty of time to grow.

So when his howl took to the skies, she had not been expecting it. In fact, she'd been napping fitfully on a sunny outcropping, but the howl had her promptly on her paws. She shook off the sleep as she gained momentum down the mountainside, only slowing when she spied the familiar sight of Summer.

While she closed distance between them, her eyes were quick to look him over in the event of any fur out of place. When he passed the initial once-over with nothing obviously amiss, her waving tail gained speed. He was littered with a menagerie of scents, so questions came accordingly, but the greetings would come first.

Rumbling happily and basking in the warmth of relief, she smeared an affectionate lick across his face, then settled back with a quiet but deeply sincere Welcome home..

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
eeee!

He had made a decent amount of progress into the territory when a dark shape began to appear in the distance. With a quick whiff, his nose told him that it was Amekaze, and immediately a grin danced across his lips. He quickened his pace until the distance between them was gone and he was lowering his head as he sniffled eagerly at her, tail wagging frantically. Upon his face she planted a sloppy kiss, and though it caused a jovial frown to flash across muzzle, it was quickly replaced with a happy smile.

The young Ostrega felt a trill of joy in his chest when she welcomed him home, and for a moment he glanced beyond her at the tall peak that towered over their heads in the distance. His gaze lasted only a few seconds before his eyes were again upon his alpha. "It's so incredibly good to be home," Summer replied, easing down onto his own haunches and allowing himself to relax. Perhaps it was just his relief at being home, but he felt like he could even breathe easier now that he was there. "How have things been here?" he asked eagerly. There were a hundred or more specific questions he could have asked, but he knew there was no need - Ame knew what he would want to know and she would never hold back from setting his heart at ease.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She couldn't precisely account for exactly how long he'd been away, and only knew it had been long enough. Her tail swayed happily, as indeed, it had to be good to be back. But, she did understand the freedom of travels, and the thrill of exploration. Yet even they could scarcely compare to the comfort of home.

She settled back just a pace and flicked her ears casually as she thought of what all he'd want to know about and what all exactly he had missed. Relatively quiet. Jace had a run in with a senseless trespasser, probably just after you left.. but aside from that, peaceful. She omitted the details of his injuries, since they were not serious.. just almost particularly unfortunate for a male of his sort. Hunts have been successful here and there, Rain and Vienna intend to become healers.. And, ah, Tytonidae.. she is.. present but keeps to herself. I think she will be glad to know you are back, Ame said with a soft sigh, only wishing that she had more to give him regarding the former Plateau wolf, but she had allowed her to have her space in the meantime. She suspected she was hunting around the mountain by herself, for now and then, she would smell the dark juvenile near caches but had rarely crossed paths with her. I think your news is bound to be more eventful, she returned with a slow nod. Did you speak to Lasher?

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer listened eagerly as Amekaze ran down her list of news for him, responding with only a smile to say that he was glad to hear that all was well. It seemed everyone was well and good, although Jace had run into some trouble. For a moment, he wondered who this trespasser was, but was quick to be distracted as she continued. It never would have occurred to him that Jace's opponent was the same crazed yearling that Summer himself had tangled with on his adventure. Perhaps they would figure it out between the two of them at some point, but at that moment, the bitch was the furthest thing from his mind.

"I did," he said, his heart settling at the news that Tytonidae was just fine, "He has a mate it turns out - Blue Willow. She's pregnant and very close to her time. They were kind enough to let me stay with them for the night." Even as he spoke it occurred to him that Blue had likely given birth to her litter by then. He began to ponder what he could do to congratulate them - perhaps leave a kill at their doorstep or bring a toy for the pups to play with.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

He provided a lengthier look into Lasher's home life, and she canted her head subtly in interest. Ah, I had not expected that, she breathed, but, it was hardly a big surprise -- he was a wolf of manners and good conformation, so surely a female out there would find him desirable. Having his genes perpetuated into the future did not seem like a bad idea either. That was generous of them, to shelter him overnight and save him the trouble of traveling back just after arriving. Her opinion of the Plateau was already decent, so this was.. simply put, good.

She realized that Summer had got a tiny inside taste of how the Plateau was, and perhaps became better acquainted with some of its membership. Well, likely the ones directly involved with Lasher. This was also an indication of the Plateau's health as a whole, that surely, they were doing well enough in wintertime even to look forward to pups. She noted this all for further consideration.

What else did you see? We were.. a little worried when you were gone, she quipped lightly. Jace and her had discussed it a bit, and Vienna had kept her eyes and ears open on her own traveling, but everything had worked out. This was why she had tried not to fret all too much. He was plenty capable of surviving beyond the mountain.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer nodded, smiling. He began to imagine Blue and Lasher's children, what they would one day be like. Probably perfect little angels, all lined up wearing matching coats of black and speaking in only "please"es and "thank you"s. There never would be a politer and more gentle-hearted bunch, he guessed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you," he said a moment later, his ears falling back in apology, "Lasher wanted to go to Redhawk Caldera to speak with Tytonidae's father, let him know of her whereabouts. I volunteered to go for him. I didn't like the thought of him being away when his mate gave birth, especially when I could easily do it for him." He hoped that his packmates hadn't been too worried about him, nor that they'd gone to too much trouble on his behalf.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She shook her head softly, and added a thoughtful chuff. Jace had almost convinced her to worry less but it was hard concerning certain individuals. Summer and Vienna had fallen alarmingly well into that category, so she appreciated his apology for what it was worth and decided not to say much more on it.

Ame then realized the tradeoff here, and Summer's good graces had likely earned him some further favor with the beta of the Plateau. Makes sense, she replied, pleased by his sensible reasoning. While she may not have gone to the extent to it, it was admirable all the same. Redhawk is a good bit south, yes? she had to ask. I am guessing you let him know Tytonidae is here too? Naturally, since she did not know Peregrine herself, she was too curious in this unexpected addition to the tale of Summer's travels.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer nodded gently. The Caldera was quite a distance from the Sunspire and even further from the Plateau. In truth, the trip might have been made shorter had he not gotten turned around by following the wrong river. Perhaps he needed to talk to Vienna, see if she could give him some pointers about navigating unfamiliar terrain. Apparently that was a lesson of his father's that hadn't really stuck.

"I did," he answered, "I didn't actually manage to locate her father, but I left the message with his beta. He seemed an honest, trustworthy fellow. I don't doubt that my words have reached the alpha's ears." There would be no reason for Summer to doubt, and he was not so naive to believe that everyone could be trusted like Elwood could. "I invited him to come visit her here in the Spring, offered him shelter," he admitted after a moment, "I hope that's alright."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She nodded. Everything was in place. Most likely the bet would pass on the information, so Tytonidae's father would know where she was, Summer was back, so on and so forth. All seemed well enough. She did realize that he would probably want to get to seeing her soon, too, as she was sure to be updated on his travels.

It was an interesting offer to propose the Caldera alpha to stay, and in truth, Amekaze was curious if he would take Summer up on that. Maybe it would be good for Tytonidae? Did she even have a good relationship with her father? "Sure," she breathed, and would consider the details of it later if needed. It wasn't like they had anything to hide and an alpha could certainly mind his manners in another wolf's home.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Amekaze didn't have a lot to say on the subject, but Summer had come to expect that of her. She seemed to only speak when it was important to; never giving any more or any less than what was necessary. For the first time, he began to wonder what else was going on in her highly intelligent and inquisitive mind. His expression didn't change as he regarded her, though the cogs in his brain house did continue to spin in a way that they hadn't before.

"So.. tell me, Ame," Summer said slowly, changing the direction of the conversation back to the Sunspire as he had so much more that he wanted to know of his home, "Has Jace returned to his post yet?" He would not deny that he was disappointed in his friend's decision to step down, nor would he do so if the conversation turned to her asking.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her ears turned forward, then slowly swiveled outward as she measured her response to the shifted topic. "He has," she replied with a slow nod, and an expression just a bit more quieted. It remained a topic she was not quite sure what to do with. She hadn't liked the circumstance, or all that had circulated around it, but she was glad to have things shifting back towards what she knew as normal. Not having a beta had weighed on her in secret, not that much had really changed in his time away, though.

It had made her wish that their leading ranks had more balance. Just between him and herself, it worked, but without him.. she felt.. wrong? And, would instating a second beta even ease this, now with him back where it was? This also brought her back around to the thinking of the vacant spot beside her, how things could change if perhaps it were occupied. None had risen in Jace's place, so, this was difficult to judge from a hypothetical standpoint.

She didn't know how much Summer knew of it all, but guessed it to be something. He and Jace were relatively close as she understood it. Ame did wonder why he asked. "I thought he may need longer at first, but he accepted, and has been active since.." she said, keeping it brief. Whatever funk had taken hold of him, he had managed to shake off well enough to resume duty in full.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The news that Jace had returned to his post as beta was oddly not as satisfying as he thought it would have been. He gave his alpha an appraising look as he mulled over the feeling he was left with - an odd mix of vindication and malcontent. Summer took a slow breath before deciding how to respond.

"I spoke with him about it before I left," Summer admitted, "I told him that I didn't understand why he would put aside his title like that. Like it was nothing to him. I understand him needing some rest, but... to be the beta of this pack is an honor, and he should respect it." He paused to gather himself. There was much he wanted to say on the topic, but he too wanted to take a leaf out of Amekaze's book and say only what was necessary instead of cluttering the conversation with needless words.

"I told him if he couldn't be beta in his darkest times, then how could he be in his best," Summer said finally, searching Ame's face. He had never meant his words to suggest to Jace that he didn't deserve the rank, but to inspire him to reclaim it and treat it the way he ought to. But now that he had... Summer couldn't deny the tiniest doubt that nagged at him that he hoped his alpha might extinguish with her wisdom.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Summer expressed what she came to understand as a vague discontent with the whole situation. She could understand why, for she had resonated with a similar feeling at times, but tried to set it aside. Because of this, she nodded slowly, and considered her words. "All truth, and I do hope he understands this," she said. Jace had eased back into the role and upheld the duty without issue, but now, perhaps he may not always be as secured there..? If he faltered again, it could be the catalyst for change. "He will have to," she added. He had taken his little break at the time when there were no other feasible options, which may have made it easier to have it happen without issue.

She could not speak on Summer's intentions, but it was always a possibility that, if not from him, from others if he did not suit them. While it was not her ideal to consider him not being where he was, the future had many possibilities. Times could change, for better or for worse. But she liked to believe that whatever happened to the Sunspire would be for the best.. whether or not it involved her, or any of the original founders even.

"You probably have others to report in with," she quipped with a softening expression (for she realized the furrow the topic had prompted before) after deciding that she did not feel like discussing Jace's beta matters at length. Mainly she meant Tytonidae, for the reclusive yearling might like to see him, so Amekaze was drawing this towards a close.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Ame was quiet on her opinions of what Summer had said.  He watched her quietly as she carefully chose her words.  He wanted to urge her to share more with him, to maybe let down those walls he now saw quite clearly to let him in a little bit more.  But, Summer was quite an intelligent wolf, and thus he knew when to hold his tongue.  This was definitely one of those times.

Dutiful as ever, Amekaze brought their conversation to a close.  Summer smiled in return to her stoic expression.  He stood before her, nodding deeply, though he remained silent.  He did want to get back to Tytonidae quickly for he was certain the poor girl had suffered in his absence.  Leaning forward, he nosed softly at Amekaze's chin - a gesture he'd often made to his alpha.  But then, on a sudden and bold whim, he pressed further and nuzzled her cheek gently.  When he pulled back, he stood a little taller than he ever had in her presence, his ears perked, but his gaze soft as he regarded her for a few seconds before setting off towards the heart of the Sunspire.