Redhawk Caldera i've been spinnin' for so long, now i guess i'm spun
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Twilight was settling over the pack's territory, and though Magpie usually began to think about sleep around this time of night, she found herself restlessly pacing along the lakeshore. She was beginning to carve out a life and purpose here, but she couldn't help but feel a bit... uncomfortable. Most of her life had been highlighted by new sights, but things had settled down to a routine simplicity. She craved adventure (and probably drama, though she'd never consciously admit that), and she wondered if it had been a mistake to try and make a home here with Fox and Peregrine. Her sister had her own friends, her own kids— and Peregrine was a mystery, a mystery that seemed to detest her.

She thought about visiting Summer, but to what purpose, Magpie didn't know— it would either hurt him again, because how could she stay with him...? Or it would completely sever her ties to Fox and the Caldera, because how could she possibly return if she left...?

The yearling sighed, feeling actually and fully lost for the first time in her life. Not wishing to return to her den— not tonight, at least— she curled up on the lakeshore to reflect beneath the stars. If sleep claimed her (and it would not), it would be rejuvenating to breathe in the fresh and unconfined air... but if it did not, she would at least feel a semblance of freedom here.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Life had settled into a comfortable routine for more than just their anti-social little Corvidae.  Fin was quite a regular fixture at the Redleaf-Disarinno household.  With the firebirds beginning to explore the world outside of their den, there had never been a more exciting time to witness their growth.  And then there was Elwood, who Fin - simply put - just could not get enough of.

Which was great and all, but..

With the weather warming considerably, it felt as though Winter's cold fingers had finally relinquished their grip.  And that meant it was time for Finley's wanderlust to rear its vicious head.  The beta had spent much of her day posing as the pups' jungle gym and now that the day was ending, she found herself wanting to do something more.  It had been quite a while since she'd picked a fight with a bear or played chicken with an angry moose.  Something about being both a godmother and a girlfriend thing made her feel like she ought to be more responsible with her well-being.  The urges were still there, however, and thus she sought alternative outlets for those urges.

When she came upon Magpie, she didn't approach the girl with any sort of hope that maybe she help to expend some of Fin's pent up restlessness.  There was always the hope that might just end up happening, but the only thing in her mind as she stepped towards her was the last time they'd spoken when she'd apologized for being a little toerag on their trip to the Sunspire.  And so, she felt free to plopped down upon the shore a few feet away from her, gazing out across the water at the little island in the very center.

"I'm so pissed the water never froze hard enough for me to walk to that island," Fin commented, feeling little need to do to the whole 'hi how are you what's up omg the weather' dance.