The Sunspire path of expression
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The mild winter had given way to an already balmy spring. To her, this still felt somewhat unseasonable, but certainly not wholly unwelcome. Now that she had officially lived a small handful worth of winters, she now knew her distaste for them was real.. and not going away -- maybe even passed down in her blood, for she remembered her dam's dislike of them as well. Amekaze had waited and waited for these springtime months to come, and now, here they were in full.

However, it seemed as if she couldn't even shed out her coat fast enough. She felt positively overdressed, especially the further down the mountain she traveled. Yet there was no rushing this, despite her mental attempts at sending her follicles a hint.. they were painfully slow to listen. She stalked along towards the borderlands, tongue lolled casually, and tried to lend her focus elsewhere so to feel less bothered by the weight of her dark coat. Bright swatches of new-growth wildflowers soon caught her eye, and she strode over carefully to investigate them at length. Perhaps she may find something of particular usefulness.

Her nose was met with old familiar scents -- sweet, distinct, she drew a long breath to savor the sensation. They smelled of new life, and the revival it heralded. Somewhere, innately, she felt the mountain could use to see even more of it.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Joining this cause it was lonely adn to get my count up to 5 ;)

Jace was loving the spring weather mostly. The only thing he did not like was the fact that he was black as coal, and the sun liked that. It heated him up way faster than he would like. His winter weather gear, was slowly falling off, but not completely yet. Jace did not mind winter, he just preferred the warmer months. And Spring was a great season anyway.

Jace shifted, a few spots of his coat still a little bushier than others. He heard a noise in the area ahead and with a look about. He loped towards it, he smiled when he saw who it was. Hey Ame was his loud hello. He stood wagging his tail, with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. She was looking at the flowers. Sure they were beautiful, but he wasn't that interested in them for more than that. He probably should have been, being that healing was important, but he just wasn't into healing. He coveted knowledge sure, but it varied.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
my absence kind of crapped all over the timing of this thread. we can fade it whenever you'd like since i held it up so horribly |:

She drank in the sights and scents of the flowers, cataloging the details she could see right here and now. Somehow, this may be useful, and she couldn't help but plot how to preserve a few just in case. This spring would be her first honest attempt building a herb cache all by herself from scratch.

Yet despite her focus, she yielded it readily to Jace's approach. She waved her tail soon after, and abandoned her flowers to close distance between them. Without much of a second thought, since she was perfectly comfortable in his company, she approached Jace with a quick play bow and snapped her teeth mischievously his way in an invitation to romp.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace did not care much for herbs or flowers. He simply watched them grow, he knew a few fun facts about them. He could field dress a wound, but otherwise he could care less. He just didn't have a penchant for flowers. It was funny really, someone who coveted knowledge as he did.

Jace was momentarily surprised as Ame came barreling at him to play. But he didn't mind, he let a small grin take residence on his face and he too play bowed. His tail wagging behind him, as he lowered his eye sat her and snapped playfully at her front.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It only took a few heartbeats for him to interpret and then accept her gestures, which empowered her playful snaps as he too settled into position. Amekaze, while painfully elusive in her displays, did relish in the thrill of a good play now and then. Jace felt like someone who could match her and would not be offended if she were a little rough, as was her tendency.

She glanced over the whole of him, from snapping teeth to waving tail, and swept in close to bat him on the side of his neck with a raised forelimb. Ame followed this with a few nips aimed for roughly the same spot, although closer to his ears with each one. As she did, her paws were light and ready to move, although for now stayed in her arc facing Jace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace wasn't entirely sure what to do, so he rode with pure instinct on this one. It wasn't often that he played games. But he did enjoy them, time to time. It was mostly with Vienna, so this was a learning experience for him. He knew that play could hone your warrior skills even, and your mobility. And Jace did not mind roughness, he supposed he could be as well.

Jace saw her come and he tried to duck and sweep his own paws at her paws, to take her balance away. He batted an ear as he felt hot breath rush past it, and he snapped at her own shoulder gently. He attempted again to go for her legs and push at her side at the same time, hoping to unbalance her, or move her so he could gain an upper paw.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He went for her legs, and she welcomed this tactic as readily as she could. Balance was key to her, something absolutely stressed to her in trainings  (in many different ways) with both of her parents when she had been a far younger wolf. But in situations as these? Optional, perhaps.

She danced lightly, attempting to dodge here and there with what nips she could slip in edgewise, but she didn't back away or even really jump out of his range. He came at her, pushing at her side, and she aimed to shoulder against him in return. But, she let the momentum have its way, and the weight of him (plus her lack of honest attempts at otherwise), she fell into a roll.

Yet, as she did, she swung at him first with her teeth and then with her legs, trying to drag him down into the tumble with her.