Moonspear the dragon's back rent asunder
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her ears twitched as he repeated her name and for a moment, she couldn't help but marvel at the curious way past met present on the very edge of his tongue. "Ah, nothing good.." she chuffed when he asked what it meant, and she intended it literally as she shook her head softly. "I suppose the best direct translation I can think of is simply.. extinguish, or, say.. almost like destruction." The word itself came with a compound meaning to her -- to extinguish the light or the dark, to mark the end of an old era and to obliterate its unsatisfactory ways. While it may have been a name literally meaning ruin, Amekaze had always understood that it was not done so with a negative connotation; Yuurei had made that clear to her. "Alongside our weather names, our mother was not one to shy from the more seemingly morbid meanings if the symbolism of it suited her purposes and preferences." she shrugged in some sort of explanation, remembering a brief conversation in which she learned fleetingly of how some of her older, half-siblings had fared as far as names went as well and it was similarly done.

Nevertheless, it seemed his father wasn't one he wanted to extend too much reference towards, and that was fine by her. Thistle and Ragnar also cropped up, and she wondered if the viking influence may find its way in somehow -- not that she would be opposed to it in any way, of course. But, as he said, he was not deeply immersed in their culture. Amekaze would always admire the certain sense of strength its influence interjected though. "I like that, too. I do hope we will just... know when something fits just right and has the right sort of flow about it," she explained as she sniffed along. "I just honestly have not put much thought behind naming anyone yet," she snickered softly as her path moved her back close to him just long enough for her to nip lightly at his shoulder. As with most things, she would just need her time and who knows, maybe in a mere handful of weeks, she could volley more concrete ideas between him.

Despite the years she had over him, she had never been the type to daydream about raising a litter, mothering them, and otherwise so this talk of names was still a new concept to grasp for her. But, it was a necessary piece of having her legacy lasting across the ages and for this reason, she wanted to strike the perfect balance of his, hers, and wholly Moonspear.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 10, 2016, 08:48 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 02:00 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 24, 2016, 03:37 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 29, 2016, 04:11 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 30, 2016, 04:44 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - June 01, 2016, 02:06 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - June 02, 2016, 01:26 AM