The Sunspire Easy come, Easy go
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive’s heart ached, but just for a moment. Her friend spoke of cheerless things, strike. a disconsolate lack of peace. Olive’s eye softened, but just for a moment. She felt sorry for him, but just for a moment. After that moment Olive tucked Dakarai’s honest words into her back pocket - should they see each other again, the nymph would ask him more and delve deeper in that psyche of his. However, Olive did not need to know Dakarai for long to see that he was durable [and very capable]. 

The brute spoke her individual embodiment of peace - Olive returned his raw candor with her own. “...and I feel the resiliency and strength in you; it nearly overwhelms me.” Her voice was light, words carried upon her exhale [hushed by the thick, sonorous vibrations that rang between them].

Dakarai’s response completely answered question about what drove him to ascend the gently sloping Sunspire: he was looking for a home. Well, she thought. What a place to look for a home!  The brilliant sun had begun its descent behind the mountain, casting long shadows across the soft grass underfoot. The sky had taken on a smattering shades of gold and pink: the vibrant colors that accompanied autumnal sunsets. Distant insects sang their melancholy ballads and field mice scuttled about as they prepared for their impending winter dormancy. The air smelled strong and held a chill that nipped at Olive’s sensitive black nose. It was truly a resplendent scene. After all, there was a reason that the Sunspire had pulled Olive [from afar], drifting East atop its strong gravatational pull… and it seemed she hadn’t been the only one. 

Perhaps the conversation had become a bit too somber. Olive’s introspective ways sometimes had that affect on wolves.... and she had no plans to distress the swarthy warrior; the object of her current interest. 

So, it was time to brighten the heavy colloquy.

Olive smiled coyly at Dakarai. Her head swam with the effervescent possibilities.  The mistress wasn’t playful per se, and she had gauged almost immediately that Dakarai wasn’t either. Good. He seemed abstract; appreciating the solidarity of the earth beneath his feet while pondering the immaterial thoughts of wolves who had experienced trauma. Fascinating. Inner fire flared and seared within the confines of the grey she-wolf’s belly.

“If I truly am peace incarnate…” Olive began haughtily, shifting her gaze.  He had indeed flattered her by using the words beautiful and intoxicating. “then, as you said, it is my duty to seduce you.”

“…to chase after me.” She quickly finished, feeding his own words back to him. She smiled coyly - perhaps just a bit of playfulness couldn’t hurt. They grey woman sidestepped, momentarily unable to break eye contact with the black wolf in front of her. Then she spun and began to trot away from him, taking light strides through the tall field grasses. Only if Dakarai accepted and followed suit would she quicken her gait.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 24, 2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 25, 2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 26, 2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 28, 2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 30, 2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - November 01, 2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - November 03, 2016, 12:41 PM