The Sunspire Easy come, Easy go
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Perhaps after your reply we fade out and wrap up this amazing thread? <3 
Also, the title makes me laugh now :) 

The he was again, captivating her with glimpses of his subconscious. She now deeply understood why he used the descriptor which so often fell from his tongue, goddess. Olive listened to him, nearly swaying as his deep voice painted vivid pictures in her head. She was like a child, listening to stories told to her as bedtime crept ever closer, drinking them in and believing them to be true. They sounded much like her own gods, though hers were left unnamed… universal spirits, rather, than deities.  But Olive did see herself in this Lilani; she was simply a servant of the earth, delivering its masonic words to wolf kind. 

But if that were the case, why did their microcosm reward her so greatly, in the form of the familiar stranger that lay beside her? 

Who knew his beliefs would align so closely with her own? It was clear to Olive that their attraction was indeed no accident, but an event written in the stars. Her heart, which had begun to beat wildly during their passions and romance, slowed and eventually locked in-step with his. He was hers. Hers to love and hers to pour her heart into. Every loneliness that ever wrecked her soul was admonished and thrown to the wind. Olive did not believe that she would ever feel loneliness again. 

"I see you, Dakarai.” Olive spoke once he was finished. “Your beautiful words...they reflect something deep within you. Your poetry has shown me that place within you, that place that holds tight yet burst in your chest. That part of you never truly changes. Your beliefs, your liked and dislikes, you passions and innate desires... everything that makes up your true self... it never changes." Her voice lowered, hoping an air of seriousness would convince him of this. "The world moves on leaving us in its tumultuous wake. It ebbs and flows around us - but no matter what happens around us, our core remains the same." Olive bent her head downwards to lick Dakarai longingly on his chest, where his heart lay deep inside his body. All love flowed from the heart, this she knew. 

"I don't believe that you turned to ice, as you say you did. You were always there... perhaps your spirit were latent, but it was always there. I see you for what lies inside your core. I can see your spirit wake from its slumber, and I cannot look away." Olive was unable to stop talking, eager to shower her love upon him. It felt so good to say these things and mean them with her entire esoteric being. 

They were to spend the night together, drifting off into a deep unconsciousness side by side. But he was soon to be gone, to explore the lands that encircle the mountain. Olive nodded silently to him, as she intrinsically knew what it was like to be held in wanderlusts's clutches. She wondered if his journeys were spurned on by his deceased family - she hoped it wasn't, as those emotions could easily spiraled out of control. Dakarai would always have a home with her, but she also trusted him to go forth in the world. She would expect nothing but the same from him.

Oh, but how she truly wanted to take her cavalier to her home and show him the forest which she loved. She wanted to create a home with him and bear his pups and feed him his meals and nestle into his calming shoulder whenever the need arise. To share in his joys as well as his sorrows. She had since decided that she wanted to know him carnally, but choked down those fiery desires - her body would be his entirely, should  he return to her [as he promised]. 

"I live west of here with my family, in a forest shielded by this mountain. It is near to the coast, but not entirely upon it. The forest is almost entirely giant sequoias - you will love it."

Olive she withdrew the leg that splayed over him and she rolled into her back next to him.  "If I am a symphony, you are the conductor of my orchestra...." her voice faded as a song was brought forth. Soft sounds fill the space between them. The song held no words but simple melodies, flowing into creation at the behest of her pink tongue. Tomorrow he would leave, but tonight she was content to stare into the heavens with him, philosophize about the constellations and eventually lull each other into a blissful sleep.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 24, 2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 25, 2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 26, 2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - October 28, 2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - October 30, 2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Dakarai - November 01, 2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Easy come, Easy go - by Olive - November 03, 2016, 12:41 PM