Sun Mote Copse Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM?
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't hear her right.  She wasn't dumb - she knew she wasn't being replaced (though she was still definitely jealous of anything that would take attention away).  Not replacing me.  Them.  Bat and Artaax and Tux and Silkie and Blixen and everyone they left behind.  She didn't know why, when she'd made the choice to leave, the implication that Wildfire wanted the chance to start over made her so upset.  But it did.

She wasn't completely soothed by Wildfire's words.  Once you got keyed up, it was hard to find the off switch sometimes.  But the urge to cry decreased a little, and her voice got less shrill with anger as it faded somewhat.  She kind of wished it hadn't gone, though, because all she was left with was sad instead.  I don't need a new family.  But she knew even as she said it that it was dumb, because what she needed didn't really matter in this instance did it?  Wildfire was the one having kids, and the fact that the rest of the family would never meet them (or see her again) didn't matter.  Sorry.  I'm just... I don't know.  Why was she fighting with her mom right now?  

Summoning Artaax to mind, she remembered what he'd said about controlling your emotions.  Slowly, she took a breath.  I'm sure they'll be great.  She added finally.  There wasn't a ton of enthusiasm behind it, but the combative spark was gone.  New siblings were coming whether she liked it or not, and yelling at her mom about it was only making her feel worse.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM? - by Kiwi RIP - January 24, 2019, 11:57 PM