Permafrost Hollows half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
by this point, wintersbane is used to the curiosity around the name he's chosen for his empire home. tundrian doesn't appear to be much of a shared tongue in the wilds and in some respects that makes it all the more special to him. it is something he's shared with his mother; a tether that keeps them together despite that she has left the corporeal world behind her. it — along with his build and general appearance — is a statement that he is the son of the nightingale queen: lotte ansbjørn. in my mother's native tongue it loosely translates to the wardens.

which is a perfect prelude to the answer to epic's next question though a pause is given to offer var-ti-jah slower, this time, being sure to enunciate patiently. he is used to saying it quickly, to having tundrian roll off of his tongue. the vartija is going to operate a bit differently than a 'traditional' pack. inspired by stories of my ancestors, it's going to be a 'war clan' where regular spars are encouraged to keep skills sharp ...but wolves don't have to be warriors or rogues to join. i just feel that it's beneficial to know how to fight even if it's to defend one's self. pretty much what i've seen of the packs i've ran with are that ranks are unchallengeable. you claw your way up and hope that if you're ambitious enough you reach as high as you want to go. there's nothing wrong with that and i like the idea of ranks being decided by contribution, yes, but also by one's own ambition. all ranks in the regular hierarchy should be challengeable but the pack should get it's say, should be allowed to interfere if they don't agree especially if it comes to leadership.

with the monologue spoken, wintersbane falls into a contemplative and watchful silence then, his glacial gaze studying epic's face for a reaction.
Messages In This Thread
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - January 24, 2019, 03:13 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - January 29, 2019, 02:36 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - February 15, 2019, 02:56 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by RIP Wintersbane - February 17, 2019, 07:31 AM