Player Count Added to Pack Stats?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
(April 07, 2019, 05:13 PM)Strand Wrote: Now I hate to be THAT person, but I have to ask: If it's hard even for the admins to sometimes know who is who, how is it fair to make pack creation/disbandment based on player numbers? If even the admins sometimes can't tell for sure, and regular members aren't allowed to know, why wouldn't the pack numbers be based on characters instead? And if there are people double-dipping then... oh well? At least the count would be 100% accurate.

It's not hard at all. I think what Starr meant is that you have to be subjective on some cases and a code and/or script wouldn't be capable of being subjective when there were inconsistencies. IE we could confirm pretty easily that Thorn & Indra are played by the same person, but script/code might have a hard time because the accounts have different emails, or OOC names. If separating by emails was how we coded it, the numbers still would likely be inconsistent because some players choose to register under different emails. Alternatively if you used IP, I think it would be hard to build in because so many people access WOLF from multiple platforms now.. their cells, their iPads, their laptops, their work computers, home computers, etc... Most people seem to have at least three unique IPs..

Regarding whether or not it is fair to make pack creation/disbandment based on player numbers, this is what the community voted for, at majority too.

I see where you're coming from but still believe protecting anonymity is important, and no one is entitled to knowing whether someone is anonymous save for CMs when it comes to CM things (polls, player counts in packs, etc). This hasn't been an issue so far with WOLF and I'd say it's one of the rare things that will continue to be a non-issue; most anonymous characters are flashes in the pan and/or are lone wolves before they are dropped. Very few become permanent characters and when they do the anonymity is usually dropped.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Illidan - April 07, 2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Zilliken - April 07, 2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Rosalyn - April 07, 2019, 05:06 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 05:13 PM