Sea Lion Shores xviii. you and i are equally unversed in gentleness
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Couldnt resist <3

He had wandered far from Nirali for the first time since being injured in the creek; before now, she had always been the one leaving him to his own devices for long periods of time while he was frustratingly indisposed with injuries. Not that he blamed her at all; she had halted whatever plans she had to help him get back on his feet simply because she had been in the right place at the right time, or possibly, the wrong place at the wrong time from her perspective. So, he owed her his life and would repay the favor, regardless of how long it took, and he certainly didn't begrudge her for needing her space at times.

That was not why he traveled to the coast now. He had only recently become mobile enough to somewhat resume his wandering ways, and he was eager to to find some relief from his cabin fever. His injured rear leg still didn't function normally, and so he walked with an obvious limp, and now that he had pushed himself to explore farther than he probably should have, the leg radiated pain with every step. Compartmentalizing pain was a skill he had learned early in his life, and it was what he did now to the best of his ability.

But, eventually, the pain broke through his stubborn resolve, forcing him to search for a place to rest. As he limped down the beach, he spotted the woman, and intrigued, he made his way towards her, always interested to meet strangers, especially ones with such unique markings. He chuffed as he neared, not wanting to startle her, and then took a seat close by, stretching his sore leg out as he attempted to find a comfortable position for it. I hope you don't mind, he said with a tired sigh. I just need to rest for a moment; you're welcome to continue on your way if you aren't in the mood for company. His gaze lingered on her briefly before he settled it on the water. He hoped she would stay but would understand if she wasn't interested in the company of an odd stranger.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: xviii. you and i are equally unversed in gentleness - by Eastwood - July 23, 2019, 03:50 PM