The Sentinels grace in your heart, flowers in your hair.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Her sorrow didn't leave her entirely. Rather, Ibis began to feel embarrassed, and so her mood shifted from sad to angry - at herself, at her circumstances, being an emotional teenager who couldn't figure out what exactly they needed. It felt good to have someone nearby, she realized. A little different that it was a complete stranger - and that they were sitting so close to her. The warmth was nice; the contact was comforting; the woman had a spice to her like cinnamon which struck Ibis as out of place at first, but she found that focusing on the stranger helped her to put some distance between her self and her emotions.

I am Ereshkigal, the woman calls herself. Ibis takes a shaky breath and swallows what's left of her sadness for later brooding, and when prompted she starts to say her name, but then - I.. I'm Cerulean. It wasn't really a lie, being another name given to her by her parents, but... It wasn't exactly how she had come to know herself. But in that moment Ibis didn't want to be Ibis; she wanted the calm and the allure of this mysterious woman, and chose for a time, to be someone else.

But soon she found that she had been staring a little bit too long at the curious woman, and redirected her gaze with a rush of warmth to her cheeks, and muttered apologies. You... You keep calling me sister, um... She blinks and watches the ground again, unsure of where she's going with her rambling, and sighs, I'm sorry, I'm such a mess...
Messages In This Thread
grace in your heart, flowers in your hair. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 05, 2019, 10:21 AM
RE: grace in your heart, flowers in your hair. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 06, 2019, 06:05 PM