Lost Creek Hollow Is a new philosophy
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn had asked for a sales pitch, and he certainly got one. He hadn't set any expectations for what she was about to say, but this certainly would've subverted them. He'd spent his entire life with the Firebirds, so theirs was the only structure and culture he knew. What she described of her pack--this Legion--was similar in a way, but also very different. They were more like an army with challenges and rewards. Penn was lazy, but he considered himself to be innately talented. He could get used to being rewarded for it.

Her comment about playing games with the truth went entirely over his head, but he didn't care to understand it anyway. He considered her question instead. Where did he see himself? "I don't really know yet," Penn answered honestly, "I just know that I don't see myself where I've been. Not anymore, at least." He took another moment to consider. He hadn't said that aloud yet and it was strange to hear it. Strange to really acknowledge it and to know it as the truth.

"Legion, huh?" he said after a beat, picking his eyes up to look at her again. He let it settle for a moment and then added, "I'm Penn." They hadn't actually exchanged names, he realized, and he felt certain that he wanted this woman to know his name. Whether anything came of the interaction, he knew that much.
Messages In This Thread
Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - April 18, 2020, 01:05 AM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Penn - April 18, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - April 18, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Penn - April 18, 2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - April 18, 2020, 06:53 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Penn - April 18, 2020, 07:08 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - April 18, 2020, 08:30 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Penn - April 19, 2020, 06:56 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - April 26, 2020, 03:54 AM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Penn - May 01, 2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Is a new philosophy - by Arbiter - May 08, 2020, 02:20 AM