Whitefish River I'm not a flower
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An amused smile quickly spread across the mother's face, Wolves are strong in numbers. It's true, it might get a little harder and wolves without a pack might find the elements too harsh to live, but we are safe here. Granted last winter threatened to wipe the river wolves out, but they survived all the same. In the end, the details didn't matter and there was no use scaring her daughter.

Ira tilted her head back in thought as Prim voiced her worries. Picking a name was never easy, the Gods know how many she had gone through before settling on her two final choices. Mostly other nature names like Rain, though I was fond of Renn... The Count shook her head as if she was shaking the names away, My ideas are my own though. You should pick your name, then it will truly be yours. It might take some time, but eventually, I'm sure you will find something.

Primrose never commented about her having picked a new name, but it did not concern her. She no longer identified as that person anyways. I found my name by reclaiming words meant to hurt me. Gods forbid anyone in the pack had insulted her child, but perhaps it would help get her wheels turning for something to represent her. Ira. A name with many meanings, some very powerful or reminiscent of the Gods, but the meaning "watchful" is what drew me to it. It's a story I'll save for when you are older, but to make it short I knew some very mean wolves when I was your age. I didn't have friends back then, I was alone, a watcher. They made fun of me and called me names, but I proved through actions all I had learned in my time watching.

For a moment Ira fell silent once more as she glanced back to her daughter. You don't want to be a flower. What do you want to be? She had only briefly dipped into the topic of trades with her children and while they had no need to name themselves something relating to their hobbies or interests, it might help narrow the options down.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
I'm not a flower - by Wynter - September 24, 2020, 03:43 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Ira - September 24, 2020, 10:38 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Wynter - September 25, 2020, 05:23 AM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Ira - September 27, 2020, 03:30 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Wynter - October 03, 2020, 01:57 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Ira - October 05, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Wynter - October 07, 2020, 03:01 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Ira - October 13, 2020, 09:21 PM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Wynter - October 16, 2020, 06:28 AM
RE: I'm not a flower - by Ira - October 20, 2020, 01:22 AM