lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
and I oop-- good luck @Winterbourne

For the past few days she had been denying herself, but the Count found it was no longer possible. The feeling gripped her as it had in the past, though usually, she distanced herself until it passed. Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option this time. Ira had made a promise and she intended to keep her word, but that didn't make the anxious feeling go away. In all truthfulness, she wasn't sure why she agreed.

The roan woman had lost her one chance to another man, yet they chose her. It felt wrong and pissed her off to high hell, but...well it was no secret she loved pups. If this was her one chance to have her own, who was she to let it slip away. She made that mistake once, and she'd be stupid if she let it happen again. Still, she questions if it even worth it? They wouldn't get to be her kids....but she also had the chance to be there for them.

Ira paused along the riverside, her gaze cast into the calm waters. It was just Evergreen all over again. Had she agreed just for the chance to be next to him? The Count let out a growl as she struck the water effectively ruining her reflection. What if her kids didn't even like her... What happened to never again huh?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
207 Posts
Ooc —
The heat scent spreading through Kaistleoki hasn't slipped past his notice, though he's avoided mentioning it to @Evergreen. He's certain his mate has noticed it too, and probably has noticed Winterbourne's sudden increase in affection — but beyond that, it hasn't affected things much, and he's been content with that for now. The time to prepare has been much-needed, and very helpful; having something to focus on has made it easier to pull himself out of his sudden spiral, and his legs are healing alongside his fragile heart.
Unfortunately, relaxing more has some unwanted side effects. He'd decided to take a few hours of alone time, mostly to assure himself that he can now, and his attention had wandered a little too much. Without realizing it, he's drifted toward the heat-scent, near enough that he spots Ira in the distance, striking at the water from the riverside. He hadn't realized how much the scent would cloud his thoughts up close, and it catches him off-guard for a moment. Feeling awkward, he decides all he can do is approach. She's probably just fishing, it's fine, we'll just fish, he tells himself as he draws near enough to greet her.
Hi, Is all he can come up with at first. Are you um, fishing? Mind if I join you? He forgets to wait for an answer to the first question before the second comes tumbling out, flustered as he is by Ira's proximity. As the moments tick by, he starts to feel overwhelmed; he wants — not Ira, not really, but something. Evergreen, maybe, though Ira is the source of the feeling. It's all too confusing to make any sense of it right now.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira had been too distracted to notice winterbourne's approach so when his voice hit her ears she was quick to jump. Winterbourne— I apologize, I must have been too focused Yes. Fishing. She supposed that would be what it looked like to someone else, luckily it provided as the perfect excuse. I don't mind... 

They had all come to a mutual agreement, yet she couldn't help but feel weird. Winterbourne was a quiet wolf, his true feelings were hidden much like her own (normally) and now that they were alone she couldn't help but wonder what he thought of her now. Time ticked, Ira lost in her thoughts once more until she realized she hadn't moved or said anything. Curse this stupid heat. But it would be worth it in the end, or at least she hoped it would. There were still a lot of thoughts swarming that topic.

Ah...I'm not that great at fishing. She forced the words out looking for something to break what felt like an awkward silence to her. Perhaps only a few moments had passed and it was all in her head. The roan woman tried to relax as she resettled by the river. She hadn't been looking for fish before so she hoped to find something now to help play along.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He feels guilty when she jumps at his words, but any apology he might have offered is interrupted by her own — and arguing with her seems like it'd be awkward, so he doesn't. Instead, he nods, turning his focus toward the water. He hasn't really tried much fishing from outside the water, and it seems like he'll only be able to get smaller fish here, but he doesn't think much of it — well, until Ira mentions she's not great at fishing.
That's okay, I'm still learning myself, He says softly, edging a little further toward the water as he prepares to suggest that they try further in the river. But then it occurs to him that Ira is acting strange — he doesn't know her as well as Evergreen does, so he hadn't noticed at first, but now it seems rather obvious. There's a logical explanation, of course, but hormone-addled Winterbourne can only worry something more is wrong. His gaze turns back to her, full of concern. Are you um, feeling alright?
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira could feel her face flush lightly at the question, perhaps it was more obvious that she thought, although overall she was fine just...hormones. Luckily, as long as she kept a straight face Winterbourne was unlikely to notice, so she would keep her eyes on the river. I am alright. I suppose a tad frustrated, but— that can't be helped. Fishing— isn't easy smooth.

Ah, and right on key a glimpse of silver caught her eye amongst the ripples. It was a small fish, but better than nothing, right? She raised her paw trying to remember the quick tutorial Evergreen had given her oh so long ago. If only she had tried it again since...her paw shot out, although she forgot to hook her paw so the damn thing just ended up sliding right back into the water. A small growl followed as the Count took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Frustrated. He isn't sure how to take that — she'd mentioned fishing, but it seems off somehow. Maybe he's just worrying too much. His gaze drifts back toward the water as he hesitates, uncertain whether to press on or just go back to fishing. Thankfully, Ira smacking some poor fish as if it'd insulted her mother gives him a good opening to try to get back to their original plan. If you um, hook your paw a little more, it would help, and — and...
Sorry, um. I can't... focus, His voice goes a little quieter toward the end, and he starts again a bit too loudly to make up for it, as if that might erase his prior words. Maybe we should try something else.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Winterbourne is quick to step in with advice and the words click almost immediately back to Evergreen's instructions. She had forgotten one of the most important steps. The roan woman could feel herself mentally banging her head against a tree, but it's fine. She's not perfect and she's never been the best fisher.

Losing focus once more Ira barely catches the male's side comment. He couldn't focus? She almost cracked a joke about her fishing ability when Winterbourne suggested they find something else to do, but she refrained. If it meant she didn't have to fish anymore though she'd gladly take the out. Something else?
207 Posts
Ooc —
Unfortunately, Ira seems as lost as he feels. Um, He swallows hard, finding a train of thought and then losing it several times within a short few seconds. Finally, he settles on the one thing that seems to be a recurring theme among them. We... we should get Evergreen, I think. His face flushes as he realizes the implications. If — if you're ready. I mean, your heat... um, I-I've never done anything like this before, I'm sorry. It's... it's kind of messing with my head, so if you're not ready, I think I should, uh, go for now. I don't want to — um, make you uncomfortable. His throat hurts a little by the time he's done, and distantly it occurs to him that it's been awhile since he's said this much to anyone but Evergreen — excluding his sad meeting with Dawn.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wouldn't take long for the words to click. It seemed that she actually had been affecting Winterbourne the same way he had been affecting her. As the male stumbled for the right words Ira could feel herself only grow warmer, perhaps from embarrassment or maybe even excitement. Ah— The roan woman wasn't entirely sure when the best time was and she had been struggling to find a way to bring up the topic to the boys, but now it seemed she had an out. That's— probably a good idea. Getting Evergreen— I'm ok. You're fine, I think it's getting to me too.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Thankfully, Ira doesn't react badly to his admission. Instead, she agrees, and he finds himself so relieved it makes him feel a little weak in the limbs. He nods, deciding against trying to say more, and leads her away to find Evergreen. Hopefully his mate will manage to stay more clear-headed than they are right now.