Duskfire Glacier those of you who are last will soon be first
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
relief is quick to wash over wintersbane as lane assures him that kukutux is fine; palpable as it eases the tension in his shoulders. he was rather, sadly, accustomed to bad news and comes to expect it readily these days; painting him as quite the pessimist ( though he'd argue realist ). ah. wintersbane draws in understanding, giving a small, slow nod.

given the turn of their conversation, lane's next question wasn't quite so surprising ...and before he can answer she is charging ahead, answering that she was not religious and that she doesn't trust it.

i was, once ...a long time ago. wintersbane admits. he wasn't ashamed of that ...phase of his life. he'd been young and eager to believe in beings much bigger than himself ...especially as the woman he'd loved had been so intricately tied within it. it had even been fun for a while, he recalled; easy to shift the blame of his actions onto mephala ...but ultimately relmyna's death had also seen to it the death of the gods he had once believed in.

i think the once appeal of deities had been to use them as a scapegoat for my actions. i'd been very young and very foolish. eager to make a name for himself, eager for war. times and age had changed him ...though maybe not entirely for the better.

i am not religious anymore, i assure you. wintersbane says with a small twitch of his lips; as if a chuckle is not far behind, though it never comes to fruition. if that brings you any peace of mind.
Messages In This Thread
RE: those of you who are last will soon be first - by RIP Wintersbane - July 05, 2021, 06:55 AM