Redhawk Caldera Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Niamh attacked me. He cut back before he could temper himself, his tone barbed, but also breathy - that Towhee would no longer trust him was one thing, but to dredge up something that happened even further back (which he thought they were on the same page about) hurt him deep.

Her voice is a shriek.
Nobody else goes around throttling pups by random accident.
I know that—
Where is your goddamn self-awareness and remorse...?
I told you what happened and I apologized, over and over again; —don't you think if I fucking knew why I did it I'd find some way to help myself?!

He couldn't say more because she was laughing. Really laughing. Finding some sort of dark humor in all of this; proving once and for all there was no love between them at all. The only existence Reyes could hope to have was one beneath her heel, obeying whatever Towhee thought was right; where was the trust supposed to come from if she was this vehement about keeping their family in pieces?

There is never any middle ground with you, for fucks sakes! His voice carried enough that any wandering guards would hear him, or perhaps the children if they had followed after their mother, but Reyes was too pissed off about this conversation to think clearly about it, or care.

Reyes was seething; he had never been this angry with Towhee before, with anyone, but at the back of his mind he knew not to move any closer. In his current state of unrest any effort to close the distance between them could be misconstrued - as if this conversation hadn't already destroyed any connection between them.

You don't really care what I think. He finally said.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it. - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 11, 2021, 05:36 PM