Broken Antler Fen and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It surprised him when Caracal mentioned being a home-body. He seemed far too rambunctious to be satisfied with the caldera alone, but, what did Reyes know. He had a lot to learn about his son and this stark difference between them was one such aspect. It meant Caracal would be a lot more safe than Reyes had ever been, which was a blessing he had not considered. Less likely to run off like his wayward siblings (or himself) and get in to a mess of trouble.

I don't mind coming here, hastened the boy, but I like it there. Well, it wasn't really Reyes' place to try and change his son's mind, but that potential just jumped higher on his mental list of priorities. Caracal's tone tapered off after that, leaving them with a moment of disquiet that Reyes tried to break by clearing his throat -- but then the boy was speaking again.

Ah, the pack is Brecheliant — I guess you know that already, ah — but the land, with all the qualities of a bog and stuff, is a fen. He didn't know what the difference was.

I do like it here. It feels more... freeing, to me. But Reyes couldn't say what he really felt, or meant. That he was appreciated here and trusted innately, even potentially cared for, by the wolves here. It felt less like an exclusive club than the caldera. He didn't know what else to say as a response to Caracal's next question since it was so quick, but he smiled.

Next time I'll show you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 19, 2021, 02:58 PM