Broken Antler Fen and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They walked together for a bit, until Caracal's candid comment caused a slight hitch in Reyes' step. The deeper implication - that he hadn't been happy in the Caldera - wasn't true, he had been very happy while he had lived there; but there was a strong difference after everything had unfolded.

I trespassed earlier, didn't I? Caracal realized, earning a brief grin from Reyes which became an embellished frown.

Yeah you fuckin' did, but the smile came back almost immediately. So I guess you should be happy I found you first instead of someone else. Although the fen didn't have anyone who was all that vicious — unlike the Caldera, with its white warrior (Azon), angst-ridden prodigy (Fennec) or the far more brutal HBIC (Towhee, duh).

Reyes sighed. The humor ebbed from him as he pondered over something. You know I didn't mean it. Any of this, I mean. If I could make it work I'd be over there with you. It isn't really my call. And there goes the inadvertent shade-throwing of one divorced parent against another.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 19, 2021, 04:19 PM