Duskfire Glacier oasis
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Tuuluuwaq arrived to help, and Lane shot him a quick, tight smile. Had he figured out yet, that pack life in the Teekons was just one emergency after the other? 

"No.." Lane shook her head at his offer. Two, or possibly three skins would be fine, and Issorartuyok's adoptee could handle that. The trick was going to be to keep the victim's temperature regulated, and to do that they would need tools for both warming and cooling. "Could you look through my stores and find my moss balls? I just need a few soaked." Tuuluuwaq would be familiar with the medicine den at this point. 

Lane pulled her cobweb gauze away to check the bleeding. Thankfully, the wound on the child's side seemed shallow, and it was mostly clotted. While Heda and Tuuluuwaq were away on their errands, Lane would spread the poultice first on the side wound, and once that wound was bandaged, she would proceed to layer the poultice the bite wound. Lane even found a nick on child's tail tip-- it appeared as though she might have lost a smidge, about a nail's length from the end. It was hard to tell with the blood all crusted up. Lane could only assume that someone had grabbed for her while she was trying to escape. Her stomach twisted again, and something dark stirred in her soul. Whoever could do this to a child needed to pay for it

The most grueling part of the child's treatment was yet to come. Lane expected that she, Tuuluuwaq, their child helper, and whoever else could be found to help would be up all night, monitoring the victim's temperature in shifts. If they could break her fever tonight, Lane was confident that the girl would pull through. 

We can fade whenever you three are ready. We can start a new one for the next morning/day if you all are up for it!
Messages In This Thread
oasis - by Druid - January 12, 2022, 09:59 AM
RE: oasis - by Heda - January 12, 2022, 10:21 AM
RE: oasis - by Lane - January 12, 2022, 11:00 AM
RE: oasis - by Druid - January 12, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: oasis - by Heda - January 12, 2022, 11:29 AM
RE: oasis - by Lane - January 12, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: oasis - by Tuuluuwaq - January 12, 2022, 08:06 PM
RE: oasis - by Heda - January 12, 2022, 08:56 PM
RE: oasis - by Lane - January 13, 2022, 08:58 AM
RE: oasis - by Tuuluuwaq - January 13, 2022, 02:52 PM