Duskfire Glacier light
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Indeed, Taktuq determined that Lane was the one who led this glacial pack. So, she and Wintersbane, then. How curious... he had seemed a formidable man from the outset. Lane, on the other hand, seemed a very ordinary woman, though Taktuq knew better than to let herself hold this thought longer than cursory judgement. If she was approved of by Issorartuyok, then she trusted, by merit of his similar heritage and his own choice to join himself to Duskfire Glacier, that Lane must indeed be a formidable woman beneath her southern guise.

"I greet you, Tuuluuwaq," Taktuq offered with a fuller nod to Issorartuyok's brother. She noted now that they looked nothing alike, though neither had Ikiaq and Kallik. Tuuluuwaq rang truer to her paler brother, Issorartuyok to her darker kin, and she wondered, as she sometimes did, where her own siblings found themselves now.

She received Lane's pitch with rapt attention and allowed her to finish before Taktuq tipped her head in soft thanks to the woman's honesty. "You are kind to speak such truths to me. You are of noble character in sharing these things." Taktuq stayed silent for a second to recompose her thoughts into words. "I do not seek to join your village for good times alone," she said with careful cadence, "when one joins another, they pledge themselves through health and sickness, life and death, for better or for worse. As long as Duskfire stands, I have chosen the same."
Messages In This Thread
light - by Taktuq - January 14, 2022, 04:35 PM
RE: light - by Lane - January 14, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: light - by Tuuluuwaq - January 14, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: light - by Taktuq - January 15, 2022, 01:36 PM
RE: light - by Lane - January 16, 2022, 01:38 PM
RE: light - by Tuuluuwaq - January 16, 2022, 03:42 PM
RE: light - by Taktuq - January 17, 2022, 10:47 PM
RE: light - by Lane - January 18, 2022, 04:34 PM
RE: light - by Tuuluuwaq - January 19, 2022, 03:03 PM
RE: light - by Taktuq - January 23, 2022, 06:19 PM
RE: light - by Lane - January 29, 2022, 02:50 PM