Redsand Canyon they say that time's supposed to heal you
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He nuzzled her in return, her affection calming his anxiety a little. Aquene explained it was expected that she felt nauseous and didn't have much of an appetite; he found that didn't make him worry any less. But she had herbs she could take to help her, which was a relief. If there is anything that is easier for you to eat, let me know, and I will bring it to you. Anything. He didn't mind at all. 

She was right, of course: there was no reason he should stay here and worry instead of returning to his duties. He just knew she was upset and worried; part of him felt extremely guilty leaving her alone right now, but he would do as she instructed. 

She promised she would stay in the tablinum and take it easy, and that made him feel a little better. He could focus better knowing she was safe in the medicine den. Thank you, he murmured. He touched his head to hers for a moment before pulling back to meet her gaze. 

Kallik gave a small, amused huff when she mentioned that they had already upset the imperator a few times. She wasn't wrong. He would like to go some time without getting in trouble if it was possible. 

But one thing that bothered him was that she said she had been pacing because she was afraid to tell him. A frown pulled his brows together. Aquene, he said softly. Why were you afraid to tell me? It made sense that she would anticipate his panic and worry; she felt the same way. But why had she been afraid of his reaction? His stomach dropped some at the realization. He never wanted her to be afraid of him in any way.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
they say that time's supposed to heal you - by Aquene - March 12, 2022, 08:58 PM
RE: they say that time's supposed to heal you - by Kallik - March 17, 2022, 08:16 PM