Stone Circle I learned long ago 'bout a better way of killing birds.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Sanja’s eyes went to the prey, and it pleased Taktuq to bring the rabbit nearer. Yet she saw a shift in her companion’s gaze - a distraction on the path behind her. A question in Sanja’s eyes.

Taktuq turned.

The stranger’s voice lifted then, in common tongue. Taktuq had yet to know how much Sanja could speak and understand, and though not a mother herself, the sterling woman felt the urge to protect her new companion. She held her ground between Sanja and the stranger. Grounded, despite the gentleness in her voice.

This is our heim, our home. Has been mine, for many generations, has been Sanja’s for far fewer, but it is hers now, as much as it is mine, she did not wish to drive the stranger out, for Taktuq saw that they were pregnant, and she recognized faint traces of the other’s scent… though seemingly, the stranger did not recognize theirs. So if they had not come into the Circle through Sanja, then who had brought them here?
Messages In This Thread
RE: I learned long ago 'bout a better way of killing birds. - by Taktuq - August 07, 2022, 10:42 AM