Felltree Marsh I've wandered quite far
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sorry about that! That thread happens after this - but don't worry about joining it! I'm fine assuming Ashlar left Theo at the rise, and mercury said Avicus would likely be fine with Ashlar offering to mentor. So if Theo wants that, you can assume he's staying at the rise until (and unless) something happens to change that!

I think I understand. Ashlar didn't understand wanting to fight, but he fully understood wishing to be more like others. He felt guilty each time, but how often had he felt jealous of Tulimaq, of Prophet and Augur? They were friends and brothers to him and oftentimes they too felt like so much more than he did. Warriors and hunters, confident in their skills and place, while he struggled to even fill the one responsibility he'd been given.

I... I don't think you can't be those things. I know someone who's both and never speaks. But we still understand him. Augur was one of the easier wolves for Ashlar to understand, strangely enough. If you want to be something, you should try and be it your way. Someone else's way is only the best way for them. He felt himself warm up a little self-consciously. This was his first conversation with one of them and he was barely making any sense!

Sorry. I just... um. I think... would you want to maybe... have a mentor? In the Rise? I could tell your mom and ask, since the cliffs aren't far. Theo hadn't told him where he was from, but Ashlar failed to realize that might be odd to him. He liked the idea of being able to help (his son!) to feel more confident and appreciated alongside a brother who, perhaps one day, Ashlar would also get to meet. He didn't like the idea of them growing up set against one another, and despite his dislike of the warlike nature of the Rise, he loved every member in it. Prophet and Augur, and maybe even Avicus, would have so much to give him. Ashlar could help him to hunt at the very least.
Messages In This Thread
I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 07, 2022, 12:59 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 07, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 07, 2022, 01:18 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 10, 2022, 11:54 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 11, 2022, 09:56 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 11, 2022, 10:06 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 11, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 14, 2022, 09:57 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 14, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 18, 2022, 10:24 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 18, 2022, 03:06 PM