Felltree Marsh I've wandered quite far
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar lit up like the sun when Theo responded so positively to his suggestion. It was like watching a flower open up in the spring. It was hard to remember the last time he felt he'd been able to actually help someone significantly, and the joy was only increased when he took into account the fact that Theo was his family. He'd share that eventually - but not yet. He had told Chacal he wouldn't and he wanted to keep that promise until he spoke with her about it.

I don't think Avicus'll mind. But I'll ask her, and your mom. Chacal might mind and the bard did worry about that. Thankfully the coast was nearby and Theo wouldn't be far from home. Ashlar couldn't keep him here without at least telling her.

I can help with hunting, and if you want to learn about medicines. But for fighting, there's... the others are better. Ashlar looked down briefly, then back up to see what he might respond. He found himself hoping the young wolf would be happy to focus on the things he could teach, but he tried not to let that hope show. Ashlar had decided a long time ago he wouldn't force his children to learn to fight - and that meant he wouldn't force them not to either.

They would be safer that way, and he had to trust them to know when to choose it and when to choose kindness. He could at least help to teach them this.
Messages In This Thread
I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 07, 2022, 12:59 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 07, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 07, 2022, 01:18 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 10, 2022, 11:54 PM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 11, 2022, 09:56 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 11, 2022, 10:06 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 11, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 14, 2022, 09:57 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 14, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Ashlar - October 18, 2022, 10:24 AM
RE: I've wandered quite far - by Theo - October 18, 2022, 03:06 PM