Redtail Rise I'm a lost boy, you know better.
Redtail Rise
Wealda*
338 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Redd was a silent observer often within the rise, and of late she’d been disquieted.  It did not suit her to think ill of pack, but she disliked the way Lilia drove her brother and cousin to conflict. She saw the way they chased, came at her call and tended her affections.  It was a situation that would not end well.

There was jealousy too, but that mattered little.  Redd had no prospects within the pack; brother, cousin, family.  She would need to seek outside, while Lilia commanded their peers in a manner unfit.  Her distaste reached towards the boys too; they should be smarter than that.

If they drew blood again, injured one another again, she would force Lilia to choose.  She would not have their pack broken on vanity.  Wealda could not see all that she saw.

Redd stewed on this as she brought a freshly caught trout to the broken stranger.  He did not yet wear their scent fully, but when he ate their food he was one of them.  Redd approached where he was on the knoll, dropped the fish nearby, and then paused to stare a moment.  He had not died yet; this was good, as it meant her catch was not wasted on him.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a lost boy, you know better. - by Myrmidon - April 11, 2023, 04:21 PM
RE: I'm a lost boy, you know better. - by Redd - April 17, 2023, 12:07 AM
RE: I'm a lost boy, you know better. - by Myrmidon - April 24, 2023, 06:32 PM
RE: I'm a lost boy, you know better. - by Redd - April 24, 2023, 08:50 PM