Stone Circle allt, allt, allt í einu
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
After the first night, Taktuq sent Gunnar off to seek out Turneric to come and check on the children. He was a healer, after all… but when he nosed over each one, they each squirmed away with a clean bill of health and the young man’s sheepish reassurance that screaming is simply what babies do.

He kindly returned with moss balls to use as earplugs.

They helped muffle the sound, but today, Astrid raised her voice like a hellion, and Taktuq lay with weary head on the ground, eager for when the child latched and fell quiet for her meal…

Or not.

With a sigh and gentle paws, Taktuq draws her daughter near to help her find the food she craves. Hush, dear Astrid, she whisper-begs to her daughter, and wonders if her mother was this loud when she was a child. What Taktuq doesn’t know is that if she would have been able to ask Nanook, her mother would have given a barking laugh to say oh yes, she screamed for her own mother Scarlett — much like Astrid screamed for Taktuq today.

Not knowing what more to do, she hummed a song she had heard her cousin sing along the open way. Still now, and hear my singing, sleep through the night, my darling, we have a tiny daughter, she tries to kiss squirming Astrid’s head between her song, we have a tiny daughter, though already she was growing! thanks be to God who sent her.
Messages In This Thread
allt, allt, allt í einu - by Astrid - June 30, 2023, 09:48 PM
RE: allt, allt, allt í einu - by Taktuq - June 30, 2023, 10:58 PM
RE: allt, allt, allt í einu - by Gunnar - July 01, 2023, 07:31 AM
RE: allt, allt, allt í einu - by Ujurak - July 01, 2023, 09:19 PM
RE: allt, allt, allt í einu - by Sven - July 02, 2023, 09:02 AM