Hushed Willows i am infinity
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
546 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The quiet was disturbing to the fresh mother—with four children she spent most of her time with, it was a stark reminder how far from her babes she was, and she found it put her at unease.

When the sharp shriek erupted, though—it all but jumped Meadow’s heart into her throat, and she gasped, jolting herself, back, ears flattening, eyes widening as a tremor coursed her. Her brain caught up to what had happened—and instantly she pressed forward, eyes softening as she lifted a paw to soothe—to gently caress the girl’s brow, as if she could comfort the pain and shock from her. 'You helped me.'

“I’m trying to,” she whispered softly, trying to keep the noise at a lower level.

The grief was clear upon the girl’s face—the shock. Regret.

Meadow knew the sharp burn of a cat’s claws. The guilt that pulled at her own facade was from the burning memory of the moments prior to her own cat attack—the heat of @Germanicus’s mouth upon her.

How had @Reyson ever forgiven her?

“You’re badly hurt… I’m so sorry this happened to you.” Unlike Meadow, this girl probably had not deserved it.

She would only spend another couple of days with the woman, and prior to leaving, gave the man Boone detailed instruction on ways to assist his wife before she allowed herself go return home to her own family.
Messages In This Thread
i am infinity - by Meadow - November 10, 2023, 03:06 PM
RE: i am infinity - by Reverie - November 10, 2023, 07:33 PM
RE: i am infinity - by Meadow - November 23, 2023, 03:25 PM