Two Eyes Cenote sixty-first [ap]
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

598 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
his ease with speaking was something to be envied. perhaps she should have taken to the drink — but even thinking this made her stomach churn. nazli would always associate the medicinal smell of over-ripe fruit with one of the worst decisions she had ever made.

he named eset, and nazli presumed that was the name of the courtesan from the feasting table; she chose not to commit this to memory either (in the sense that trying not to think of something forces the opposite).

she touches her amulet when he speaks of it, and smiles, but her eyes far-away. nazli looked to senmut as he smiled, but it was not something they shared; he seemed disturbed in some way, and looked off to the far distance.

opening her mouth to speak — finally — and he was already speaking of his departure. oh. her mouth hung open a moment, then closed as a wave of unexpected emotion choked her. tension in her jaw; hidden thankfully by the night.

i'll go with you if you ask me, she wanted to say; needed to say, couldn't say. i came all this way for you! she wanted to rage. you asked and i came! she swallowed the words, forced herself to take a breath and to ease the tension inside of her body.

i plan to stay in muat-riya, to see to the temple.
a pleasure palace. hadn't he meant to save her from this?
Messages In This Thread
sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - November 30, 2023, 07:52 AM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 02:56 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 03:19 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 03:35 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 03:59 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 04:29 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 04:40 PM