Hoshor Plains you're angry as hell, you're ready to fight
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
296 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
Valiant had always found superstition a little easier to handle than spiritually. There was a generational guilt embedded deep in his psyche that made concepts like Karma into something transactional. If you do A, you'll achieve B. And if you don't achieve B, it's because you shouldn't have been doing C. With this logic, he kept himself from falling into despair at the cost of forever feeling that he'd fallen just short of the mark. Just short of deserving or worthy. It was a complex monster to battle — especially when he wasn't conscious of these unconscious calculations he made on an almost hourly basis. And even if he was, what other way was there to live?

But he's found Minnow. Not even that! She'd found him. They'd stumbled upon each other. The universe or some entity within it had pushed them back together just when he was beginning to lose all hope. And he was tempted to ask why. Why now, god? Why not all those other times? Why not when I was young and scared and completely alone? Was I already undeserving then?

These questions lurked somewhere just below his awareness — but the isbjørn was not easily tempted. He chose to thank this entity with as much sincerity as he could muster. (Because if he didn't, would it take Minnow away?) He chose to live as that entity had clearly indicated, and he chose to do so with fervor.

That meant, four paragraphs in, I will finally get to the point. He had some presents for Vairë's children, all painstakingly pilfered from various piles of meat and other parts. Marbled cuts of meat, a few chunks of liver, a pair of cloven hocks stripped of skin, a grisly rib bone — he brought these things bundled carefully in a hide, and then dropped them all unceremoniously in the area where the youngest members were currently sequestered.

"Who wants a snack?" he said, hoping to lure at least one of them close. His eyes landed on the one Kukutux called monster boy@Salaksartok. "Wannit? First pick. I won't even make you wrestle me for it."

If it were Dutch, he suspected they would be wrestling already.
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
you're angry as hell, you're ready to fight - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 02:44 AM