Lion Head Mesa Luxor
Muat-riya
Hemet
73 Posts
Ooc —
But Medusa wasn’t really one who enjoyed the opposite sex beyond that one—okay, two—time(s), but Medusa also wasn’t blind. The one that came across her was more than easy on the eyes, and that was putting it lightly. While Medusa preferred blondes—strange, given her paramours—there was no disputing the arresting handsomeness that Rashepses had. 

Semer-wati, I presume? Medusa asked, bowing lowly to the earth in a way one of his grand title would appreciate. Only when granted leave to do so did Medusa rise. I am Medusa, Hemet—Pharaoh sent me to study among the priests and priestesses and I have returned to serve Her, and Her Semer-wati. I bring gifts for you both, and for your children… I have been gone long, but have never forgotten my loyalty, here she bowed again. The Gods have much love for you both. They led you to one another. They ensure you two remain upon the throne, and here, Medusa smiled pointedly. She had watched this song and dance many a time, and heard stories about it many more than that. 

I will be your prophet. I will keep you upon that throne. I will speak ill of your enemies, and sway the kingdom against them.

The power of priests and priestesses was learned within the court of Toula’s aunt. It had its limits, of course, but not when it sat alongside one in power. Which Medusa sought to do, since it could keep herself and her family safe. Her father could have himself a nice, cushy room—and she… could do something of meaning, and have some fun.

Toula was worthy of the throne, for her blood and her heart. And this was her husband… so, Medusa supposed she would believe in him too. He was a God, Toula a Goddess—and she just a being of prayer.

I am grateful to be welcomed home again, she said, that smile remaining.
Messages In This Thread
Luxor - by Rashepses - August 17, 2024, 01:36 PM
RE: Luxor - by Medusa - August 18, 2024, 02:22 PM
RE: Luxor - by Rashepses - August 22, 2024, 05:07 PM
RE: Luxor - by Medusa - August 22, 2024, 08:33 PM
RE: Luxor - by Rashepses - August 31, 2024, 03:46 PM