Stavanger Bay reach for the light
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
i love you guys. it's so hard to have Charon be a self-absorbed dick to Atreyu and Thistle! <3 x 1000!

Charon had remained neutral thus far, not wanting things to get out of hand (and considering himself the Alpha wolf of the situation if not only by not responding agressively) but when Atreyu stepped over, looking ready for a fight, Charon's tail curled over his back and his hairs puffed out defensively. He subtly bared his teeth at Atreyu when Atreyu looked like he tried to intimidate Flóki, hoping that this would not come down to a fight, but ready to fight his three-legged friend if he needed to for the position the yearling so thought he fully deserved.

"I trust Ame, and she trusts her wolves. Most of them have been with the pack for a really long time, just like us. They're the loyal sort of wolves we need to bolster our ranks." Charon glared at Atreyu, squinting his eyes, as though daring him to find objection with anything he'd just said. "Ame is partial to mountains, but I'm not sure yet. We're going to explore to find a good place with enough food."

Trying to suss the situation, Charon decided to take a different turn. He was tired of answering Atreyu's questions, as he'd probably just find faults in everything he said and ask more, only to burn him down. Charon wanted Atreyu to see why he'd done it.

Charon sought Atreyu's eyes, although not dominantly this time, as he tried to explain. "Look, I care about her too," Charon said levelly. "But we both know she's been feeling shit lately, and it might be healthier for her to step down and take some time to herself. But she'd never admit that herself, you know that, she's too proud for that. And yeah, maybe I should've consulted with you guys first, but when I saw an opportunity to make our little pack survive winter, I didn't think about it, I just grabbed it. And I still think it's a good decision." Even if he might've worded things differently if he'd known how snippy his pack mates would respond, Charon still stood strongly by his decision as it were. This was for the best, and they would merge. Hopefully with Atreyu and Thistle Cloud by his side.
Messages In This Thread
reach for the light - by Charon - September 17, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 17, 2015, 07:44 PM
RE: reach for the light - by RIP Atreyu - September 18, 2015, 07:08 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 19, 2015, 09:51 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Charon - September 21, 2015, 02:19 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 21, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 21, 2015, 09:37 AM
RE: reach for the light - by RIP Atreyu - September 22, 2015, 12:24 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 02:01 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 27, 2015, 08:49 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 27, 2015, 11:54 AM