Ravensblood Forest oh, you are the roots that sleep beneath my feet and hold the earth in place [m]
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Private 
@Dakarai
Let’s forward date this to when D is mostly healed? 

The more you love something, the more power you give it to hurt you.  The phrase had become something of a mantra to Olive, but the grey maiden had recently made the decision to shed the affirmation [like a second skin]. The past weeks with Dakarai were enough to convince her that nothing would ever be bad again and she need not protect herself anymore. Once she was a wolf totally consumed by her own wayfarer dreams - but she accepted her life beside Dakarai with grace and enthusiasm. Yes, this life suited Olive just fine.

He gave unto her independence as well as companionship; she offered him the same. There was such a strong sense of contentment and assylum between them, that it was as if she were viewing the world through a pair of rosy-colored sunglasses. The aegis of his love deflected any negative thoughts or bad experiences and everything was good. Yes, it suited Olive just fine

It was a warm, autumn day that Olive cantered through the forest, returning from a moment’s solitary reprieve at a nearby lake. It was a glorious day - the sun hung heavy and sonorous in the clear sky; bathing the landscape in a warm light. Olive had a sneaking suspicion that it was one of the last warm snaps before the inevitable winter snows blew in - and such a day called for divine laziness; which, in Olive’s case, manifested as a deep nap taken upon the warmed lakeshore. It was a just small body of water that culminated in an earthly depression, but it sparkled in a most enchanting way. The jeweled water had quickly lulled her to dormancy and she fell asleep in the manner of a puppy; entirely, wholly consumed by the act. 

Upon waking hours later, Olive groggily rose from her place in the dirt, lapped up some of the cool water and turned to return home. The dove rounded back to her den, her dancing gait invigorated by sleep and blissful happiness. When the stony grotto came into proximity, Olive found her heart fluttering - she so hoped that her love were home so that they could play.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
oh, you are the roots that sleep beneath my feet and hold the earth in place [m] - by Olive - November 19, 2016, 04:54 PM