Stone Circle the cold winds are rising
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The days seemed touched with a tangible sadness, and today, Nanook rests near the standing stones, Keoni's grave a fresh heap in the centre. Nanook had not been privy to know the girl well, but in the aftermath of her death, she wonders often to the day she had found the girl dabbling with an assortment of herbs. The circumstance of her death roused her suspicion, and Nanook can't help but feel the weight that she had been doing more than treating herself that day - that maybe, she could have done something to prevent this from happening at all.

The call reaches her in the middle of these thoughts, and Nanook sighs, but she drags herself from the ground anyway. The distraction would do her good, the opportunity to focus on something other than death and the inability to change what was permanent now. Nanook shakes herself and gives no further glance to Keoni's grave as she heeds the pointed beckon.

Who she sees in wait for her and her sister is a mystery to her, and the Apaata draws herself tall, piquing ears and body forward in a curious survey of the stranger. He is formidable, and perhaps handsome once, yet the rigid scar on his face lends him an air of grotesque. Nanook stops herself on the cusp of their land and flares her nostrils to catch his scent. Unfamiliar, and yet, there is something there she recognizes.

Kove.

Her eyes flash, and she stares at him. This is not her father - but he carries his scent, and she waits for him to speak.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
the cold winds are rising - by Vaati - February 03, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: the cold winds are rising - by Nanook - February 03, 2018, 08:10 PM
RE: the cold winds are rising - by RIP Valette - February 08, 2018, 04:34 PM
RE: the cold winds are rising - by Vaati - February 11, 2018, 12:10 AM
RE: the cold winds are rising - by RIP Valette - March 09, 2018, 10:10 AM